∥A Departure∥

Start from the beginning

"Then what's with all the emotional goodbye?" Clint asked looking quite confused.

"Well, Bruce did say for Steve it's gonna take a while, Barton." Pepper added helpfully.

(Steve picks up Mjolnir )

"WHAT ?" Almost everyone was looking dumbfounded. I mean of course, Steve would be worthy but he was unable to pick the hammer up a few years back.

"You can pick that up?" Clint asked surprised and a little bit jealous. 

"Well, I guess I can," Steve said looking a bit red at all the attention he was getting.

"How are you so chill about it?' Tony demanded. 

"I really don't understand what the big deal is." Wanda asked looking confused.

"Thor said that whoever picks the hammer up can rule Asgard." Natasha answered.

"But Vision can pick it up too?" 

"That is a different case." Vision answered.

BRUCE BANNER: Ready, Cap? Alright. We'll meet you back here, okay?

STEVE ROGERS: You bet.

BRUCE BANNER: Going quantum. Three, two, one–

(Steve disappears into the Quantum portal)

Scott looked interested in the portal as well as the many other science geeks present there.

BRUCE BANNER: And returning in, five, four, three, two, one–

(Steve doesn't appear on the pad. Bruce looks around the equipment)

"Shit what happened to you punk?" Bucky looked worried but he almost felt what was coming.

Sam Wilson: Where is he?

BRUCE BANNER: I don't know. He blew right by his timestamp. He should be here.

"He should be but he is not." Natasha bit her lips in worry. She had an idea what would happen. Taking the stones from the past would include seeing some old faces. And Steve was the man out of time. Or she hoped he was not anymore. But he wouldn't leave Bucky, right?

(Bucky turns around from the pad)

"You look like you know something." 

Bucky made it a point not to make eye contact with Steve. 

Sam Wilson: Well, get him back.

BRUCE BANNER: I'm trying.

Sam Wilson: Get him the hell back!

"Hey! Don't jump on Bruce." Tony said.

"I am just panicking okay." Sam defended his screen self.

BRUCE BANNER: Hey, I said, I'm trying!

BUCKY BARNES: Sam...

(Sam walks toward Bucky. Sam, Bucky, and Bruce see old-looking Steve sitting on a log. Sam and Bucky go near him.)

"You don't look that good Cap." Scott said matter of factly. 

"What the fuck Steve?" Tony asked angrily.

"I can't believe it." Natasha said and she looked hurt more than angry. "I can't believe you."

"Guys I don't know what I did too. Okay?" He sure as hell hoped he got stuck in the past.

BUCKY BARNES: Go ahead.

(Bucky has a smile forming and looks over to Sam. He walks towards the old man and instantly recognizes the now-elderly Steve Rogers)

Sam Wilson: Cap?

STEVE ROGERS: Hi, Sam.

(Old Steve looks over to Sam)

Sam Wilson: So did something go wrong, or did something go right?

"Everything went all right for you." Rhodey said. He could almost empathize to some level with Steve.

 STEVE ROGERS: Well, after I put the stones back, I thought, maybe I'll try some of that life Tony was telling me to get.

"I probably told you to stay in the present and not stay in the past." Tony said looking a bit cooled down but his words were sharp.

Sam Wilson: How'd that work out for you?

STEVE ROGERS: It was beautiful.

"You deserve a happy life Steve but couldn't you stay with us?" Wanda looked mad too.

Sam Wilson: I'm happy for you. Truly.

STEVE ROGERS: Thank you.

Sam Wilson: Only thing bumming me out is the fact I have to live in a world without Captain America.

 STEVE ROGERS: Oh, That reminds me. (brings out his shield.)Try it on.

"Woah I am the new Captain America!" Sam exclaimed but he was seriously not excited about it.

(Sam looks over to Bucky, who nods, and Sam holds Steve's shield.)

"I don't think it is going to work out the way you want it to Steve." he added.

 STEVE ROGERS: How does it feel?

Sam Wilson: Like it's someone else's.

STEVE ROGERS: It isn't.

(Sam tries to hold back tears)

"It means a lot though." Sam said softly.

Sam Wilson: Thank you. I'll do my best.

 STEVE ROGERS: That's why it's yours. (shakes Sam's hand)

Sam Wilson: (seeing elderly Steve's wedding ringYou wanna tell me about her?

 STEVE ROGERS: (smiling) No. No, I don't think I will.

[In the final scenes, Steve has time-traveled back to the 1940s to be with Peggy Carter. They are seen dancing to "It's Been a Long, Long Time" in their home, and they end with a kiss.] 

Sharon literally choked on her spit

Sharon literally choked on her spit. Things can't get more awkward, can they? Bucky and Sam send her a worried glance but she deliberately avoided her.

Bucky didn't feel that good either.

Till the end of the line... Bullshit.

1347 Words.

So I did this. I hope you guys understand that I don't like Steve's detour that much. *scoffs*

I just wanted to say WandaVision react will take time to be updated and there are three chapters each for the last two episodes because as much as there are few lines, there are a lot of details in it.

Edit:

Re-reading this, this chapter looks like a story that would likely come under  'not cap friendly' in ao3?

What do you say?