Let There Be The Light of Science

Start from the beginning

"Always." he murmured.

"Are those two..." trailed off Kohaku quietly. She didn't think Gen had this side of him, so something must've happened for him to behave in such a way towards Rikona. Or rather, they were more than friends

"Beats me." shrugged Senku. Though he was curious even if he was good at hiding it, now wasn't the time to ponder about that. As a matter of fact, he cared more about Gen being able to chase away the oncoming villagers than to probe others about their personal relationships.

And thankfully, luck was by his side this time. With a little old magic trick he picked up in the modern world, the mentalist successfully scared off the trio after making the flowers "disappear". Now that was out of the way, it was time to climb up the bald Mountain Chrome mentioned of; although Kohaku had to drag an exhausted Senku all the way. Rikona stayed as the last person making sure that Gen was able to follow the others.

"It's not impossible at all." began Senku. "Wasilewski from NASA has completed the experiment of making magnets in places prone to thunder." Gripping onto the rock above, he panted a few times to catch his breath before giving himself another push before he finally reached the top. "Chrome. This is the result of your ten years of exploration."

The said man took a few steps forward as he similar grin was plastered on his face. "That's right." he said smugly. "Are you impressed? We're here at the Bald Mountain."

"It's a perfect spot for lightning." commented Rikona while helping the exhausted Gen up. "This is the only suitable place to catch the lightning."

While Chrome wedged a long pole in the center, Senku urgently ordered, "Quickly set up the lightning rod!"

Not far from them, the siblings arrived watching them from below. "They seem to be preparing something." noted Ginro with excitement. "Let's help them-"

"Ginro!" cut off his brother sternly. "You're only trying to get a silver spear, right? Our job is to keep watch. Rules are rules."

Back to the Kingdom of Science members, their task was interrupted as they flinched away from the sudden crack of lightning. "It's closing in." warned Rikona.

"This is bad." remarked Chrome. "We don't have time to build a proper tower. But... Damn it! We need to make it as tall as we can."

"If only there were something long we could shove into the ground-" Kohaku's eyes suddenly lit up the moment her gaze fixated on something. It was Kinro's shiny gold spear.

"N-No way, I can't give you the spear!" he argued, furiously shaking his head.

"So, you really do love it, right?" deadpanned Ginro from behind.

But Kinro's pleas were ignored as Kohaku kicked the spear out of his hand. As it flew up high, she leaped up and grabbed shaft, tying the iron bar with her hairband before wedging the spearhead into the ground with a battle cry. She quickly jumped out of the way as soon as another crack of lightning struck the iron rod.

"MY SPEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" cried Kinro.

The lightning soon subsided,m leaving behind a charged iron rod with smoke emitting from the destroyed wooden shaft.

Senku chuckled as he stated, "Here comes the God of Lightning."

Gen, on the other hand, let out a nervous laugh. "Senku-chan, what are you trying to do?" he asked. "There's nothing to work with in this stone-age world. Are you really going to..."

As the rain let up, and the sunlight illuminated their surroundings, the said man grabbed the magnet as a grin plastered on his face. "The power of electricity." he declared. "This is just so exciting."