"No, not for-" Thomas looked back at me before closing his eyes in defeat. "Fine, partially for Teresa, but I'm also doing it for you guys! If I figure out what they're planning then maybe we can get out and, and-"

I had sighed and hugged Thomas, interrupting him.

"Stupid Thomas."

"Hey, rude."

I looked up at him, smiling softly. "You don't have to take all of this on for yourself. You can ask for help too you know. I may be your little sister, but I can help you. Just let me try."

He looked down at me, considering it in his mind before smiling slightly.

"Okay. I'll try."

It changed again, and I had been strapped in a chair. And when the door opened I saw Thomas come in with teary eyes.

"Thomas, what going on, what happening!"

He ran up to me hugging me, crying into my shoulder.

"They, they're going to wipe your memories of everything. And you'll be sent up to the maze. YN I can get you free, and stall them for as long as I can, so just run-"

"Thomas, whoa. Slow down. What's happening?"

He paused taking a breath, and stepping away from me.

"They made a maze, and everyone is going to be sent up, one by one. And no one is going to remember their time here, or who their family is. It all one big giant test, and we're their fucking lab rats YN." He cried, his expression screaming sorry and anger.

But my expression had been nutrual, and when he finished talking. I had just nodded.

"Why are you so calm YN! You're about to be sent into the maze! I don't want that for you, so I should-we should-"

I smiled up at him and shook my head.

"Thomas, we can't do anything right now. Besides, I can't just leave all of you behind. If it's a maze, then we can solve it. Plus, knowing that you would be here, able to control a little bit. That makes me feel better. I'll be fine Thomas."

Thomas looked down at me slowly.

"They're going to wipe my memory too. So that I don't remember you as my sister." He whispered.

My eyes had widened in shock before I scoffed. "Of course they would. And I guess they'll wipe the others?"

Thomas shook his head. "I'll be in isolation once your gone. And then they will wipe their minds, and send them up to the maze."

I sighed and nodded my head. "Alright. But I know you Thomas, you'll see it even if you forget. Your a good person, your my brother. We'll figure it out."

Thomas smiled slightly and nodded.

"Yeah, together."

I could remember everything from before the maze. My brother Thomas who worked with the WICKED basterds. Sonya, Newt's sister who was one of my best friends. Chuck, our little brother despite not being related by blood.

And Newt.

Newt was Emmy's father.

I guess she'll be happy to know that once-

Wait, where am I?

Did I black out?

Am I still in the maze?

Am I dead?

"She's waking up!" I heard a female voice say.

Slowly I opened my eyes, and I met with familiar light brown eyes.

"Thomas?" I whisper in suprise.

His eyes widen slightly as I begin to sit up. I notice a black haired girl slipping out the door, before I turned to my brother.

"You know me?"

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Of course I know you, but given that they wiped you. Your obviously don't remember your own sister."

His eyes widen again. "Sister? I- wait. They wiped my- fuck."

I smile, patting his shoulder. "Yeah, don't worry, I wasn't mad when you sent me in that shucking place."

He looks up at me with a sad look in his eyes. I feel my smile fall.

"They're sending me to the other one, aren't they."

And as he nods, I curse under my breath.

"But your my sister, I'm trusting that your not lying to me, but I could try and get you to Mary somehow-"

"Thomas, just don't let them wipe my memory. That all you gotta do. Don't let them wipe my memory when I'm sent to that place okay."

He stares at me confused before nodding. "Okay, but your-"

"I can pretend a little, don't worry about me anymore. Just do what I said."

"Hello YN."

My eyes flash to the door, where the old blond woman stood.

"Ava, what a pleasant surprise. Did you come to wish me a warm welcome back? Or a nice cold needle full of forgetfulness, cause if so, please go fuck yourself."

[NEWT POV]

The doors had closed again for the night. Minho refused to talk to anyone, only walking back into the Glade with a torn sleeve that was covered in blood. We all didn't say a word to one another, spending the day in silence.

And we all walked to the wall, Emmy holding onto my hand tightly as I held the torches with my left hand. Her name sat boldy on the wall, surrounded by our own names.

Emmy had a blank stare on her face as Gally slowly turned to me, holding out the knife. I stared at it for a moment, before handing Alby my torch and slowly taking it from Gally.

Walking up to the wall, Emmy's hand now hold onto my left hand as I switch to my right. I gaze at her name, sighing under my breath, tracing the letters with my finger.

And slowly, I lift the knife and scratch a line through her name.

Not a single tear falling from my eyes as the sound of scraping filled the air.