w.d.y.w.f.m.?

inspo: w.d.y.w.f.m.?, the nbhd

~

Two nights ago, she got that look in her eyes, kaleidoscope, but that's only half the time...

Billie's POV:

I shove past her and collapse on my bed, something feeling amiss.

"You seem upset?" Juliet pries, standing above me, never keeping her distance.

"I don't share rooms with anyone. I like being alone, and I don't want the responsibility of showing you around, of helping you make friends, and all of that shit. So if that's what you're looking for, find somebody else to do that for you, cause it's not gonna be me," I snap. I won't let myself get close to anyone here. I don't want to like it here, don't want to belong, and I would rather be alone than have to deal with everyone's drama.

I watch her eyes shift in emotions, first surprise, then disbelief, realization, and annoyance. But then, when I expect her to have some sort of meltdown, she just shrugs and smirks at me.

"Billie, maybe you like being alone, but you don't like feeling lonely. You're desperate for somebody, and now that someone's here that wants to be there for you, you push me away. You don't have to be lonely, you just tell yourself that you want to be, so that it hurts less when you're neglected," Juliet practically psychoanalyzes me, which I didn't ask for, even if she's right. She's known me for about two hours and it feels like she can see right through me.

"You don't know me, and you know what's interesting about your little diagnosis act? You put all of the attention on me to pull it away from you. You haven't told me anything about you, like, where you're from, why you're here..." my mind runs out of options but I feel secure in the sense that I caught her off-guard. Juliet turns around, packing her backpack, then turns to look back at me as she's walking out of the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask, standing up.

"I'm gonna find somebody else who will show me around and help me friends and all of that shit," she shrugs and the door slams with force, just with a light pull of the handle from her hand.

I don't want to know things about her because I care about her, but because if she's gonna be living so close to me, I want to be prepared. I peek out the door, and once she disappears down the hallway, I lock the door and walk over to her side of the room, ready to find answers myself.

I first look at all of her decorations, cherry red seems to be her favorite color, with an old film aesthetic. I cough and turn away quickly when I see the big poster of a half naked model above her bed. I find nothing else except school supplies, no secret notes or journals. Until I see her dresser, and think of the usual hiding place. I open up the top drawer, full of red, black and white lingerie and undergarments. I ruffle through them, when I find a slip of folded up paper, and eagerly pull it out.

I read two words written in cursive: "really, billie?"

"You're such a pervert," her voice in the doorway makes me let out a little scream. I quickly crumple up the note and toss it in the trash, missing the can.

"Why are you back so soon?" I divert the conversation and she walks up to me, chest almost touching mine. Then she reaches around me to grab a textbook, and smiles as she leaves the door open on her way out this time. Not wanting to be in the room any longer, I grab my stuff and wait for her to be long gone, deciding to go back to my hiding spot underneath the arch.

Juliet's POV:

I'm fucked in the head, and my mind is turning into a whore...

I know what she's doing, I've seen it all before. I've gotten in her head, but not enough, yet.