Things go right

Xavier was lonely. Telanna had been busy for hours and Bradley had told him not to disturb her, because it was important. She had entered his office a few moments ago, and Xavier was not sure what this was about. Suddenly, she ran out of the office, holding a piece of paper. She showed it to a man who was entering the Captain's office at that moment, but he shook his head. Xavier admired how beautiful she looked. She was pretty before, but after visiting her family she had transformed into something he had not known her be before. Her cheeks were tinged with a perfect red blush and her hair was not tangled any longer. It shone in the sunlight and Telanna Smith finally looked healthy again. He then realised he had been staring at her which was impolite, so he snapped out of it to find her bounding towards him with lots of energy. She skipped with an innocent excitement and happiness in her step, and he thought that she looked much younger.

            "Xavier," she sang happily, but in her eyes were a flash of worry and a feeling of anxiousness.

            "Hey love," he said to her. He was worried about her. "What's that you've got?"

            "Well, you wouldn't happen to have seen this place on your travels before?" she wondered. "Nobody else has seen it."

            "Of course I have, it is my hometown, Kerrington," he exclaimed. The docks in the drawn were almost exactly as he remembered. The town had not changed at all in his absence, but he had himself. He had become a different person all together.

            "Are you joking with me, love?" Telanna asked him, looking slightly concerned.

            "Of course not," he laughed at her. "I would not joke of such a thing." As soon as he said it, her eyes filled with hope and happiness once again and all of the worry disappeared.

            "Oh my oceans," she laughed. "Yellow Face is going to try and find you at your hometown."

            "What?" he asked in wonder. Why would he go there? How did she know?

            "I drew a picture of this town, and it is where Yellow Face is heading." She explained. "I have to tell Bradley, I'll see you in a bit." And with that the love of Xavier's life bounded away from him, leaving him standing bewildered in the middle of the deck.

***

I couldn't believe my luck. We were heading to Kerrington! I ran towards Bradley's office with a new excitement in my step. Bradley's plan might have been working! I knocked on the door a little too loudly, which would probably give me a bruised hand tomorrow, but I didn't care.

            "What is it?" I head the familiar voice groan. He was going to be a lot happier once I told him this news.

            "Dad it's me," I laughed. His stiffened self relaxed as he saw the smile on my face and heard my joyous tone of voice.

            "What have you found?" he asked excitedly, becoming a young man again.

            "We're heading to Kerrington, Dad, Xavier identified the drawing!" I exclaimed. Bradley's smile stretched out into a full grin.

            "Oh my oceans, you did it Telanna, I can't believe it," he told me.

            "We don't know if it worked yet, not until we find Yellow Face at Kerrington," I warned. It was not use getting excited yet. We needed to make sure that evil man could live no more.

            "I'll let Greg know where to go after asking Xavier the directions," Bradley explained, so I followed him out of the room with the spring in my step still there. Things may be working out after all.

Bradley got the directions from Xavier who was still quite shocked at the revelation, and then left us alone while that he told Greg of the new direction. It was then that I noticed Xavier looked a little worried himself.

            "Are you alright, Xave?" I asked him, putting a hand on his shoulder. I looked into his eyes which were full of sadness and got lost in their sea-green beautifulness as I usually did.

            "I'm not sure how I feel about going back," he whispered. I felt sorry for him. It had been the same when I first met Harriet and Henry.

            "You will be fine, I believe you can do it," I comforted. "You're strong, besides, we won't be there long."

            "But what if somebody recognises me?"

            "They won't, you've grown up a lot," I encouraged.

            "Thanks, Telanna," he whispered, and then kissed me just like the first time, making my insides melt like snow and my thoughts freeze into nothing. He pulled away and we both smiled in silence for a few moments. Then I remembered our other friends who would want to be informed.

            "Xave, where are Leon and Gabby?" I wondered. He grinned cheekily.

            "They are in Leon's room," he anwered.

            "I'm going to find them, they need to know about what's going on," I explained, and then walked away, but he put a hand on my shoulder and pulled me back.

            "Later," he told me, smiling.

            "Why?" I questioned.

            "Trust me, you really don't want to know," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes, finally understanding the reason.

            "What she will do then?" I asked him, as there wasn't much for us to do except play around.

            "Whatever you want lovely!" he laughed, and then picked me up in my arms and ran towards the edge of the boat.

            "Xavier Lawrence put me down!" I screamed as he dangled me over the edge.

            "Not until you're not scared anymore," he told me playfully. This was going to be an extremely long day, I thought to myself, and then screamed once more as he pretended to drop me over the side again.

Hey! Sorry for a long wait! I keep having loads of block with this story, I have a plan for the end, it just won't come out right.

I hope you still want to read.

Comment/Vote/Fan

Don't forget to read My Black Heart.

Bex! :D