"The show was amazing," You said, dreading if he was going to ask any questions as you had obviously not paid any attention.

"Really? Did you like my act?"

Thankfully, the two of you were interrupted by a new sudden voice that was thundering through the tent.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

You toppled over, dropping the box in your hand. Looking for the source of the voice, you couldn't help but laugh as you sat there on the cold floorboards.

Jimmy swiftly caught the box with one hand, resting it on the floor, and holding his hand out to you, "Woah, there we go. Now how about I help you up and we go look for who's making all that racket?"

You nodded, smiling ear to ear, "Sure thing, Jimmy. I have a feeling I know who it is,"

It wasn't hard to find the boy. He was there with his mother, Elsa, and the twins. Though, he was now stood where the entrance to the tent was.

Letting out a few more "I hate you's," he finally stormed out of the tent, his eyebrows furrowed.

You and Jimmy hid behind some boxes as you both tried to listen into the conversation.

"We're staying right here." Dot said.

"This is our home." Bette finished.

"What are they talking about?" You said, raising your eyebrows, and attempting to lean closer to get a better listen. However, the box you'd been leaning on toppled over, along with you. You were sprawled across the ground, quickly looking up at the roof to see where you ended up.

The women from the audience was looking straight down at you, a confused look upon her face.

You heard Elsa's voice, this time, she was right next to your face, "You may not be able to purchase the twins. But she is the next best thing, this is their very own sister,"

"She looks like any other simple girl to me," The woman said, "I'm not sure my Dandy will be too happy,"

You stood up on your feet, brushing the dirt off of your clothes. Disbelieving what you were hearing, you took a step back. The sound of your sisters' and Jimmy's protests rang through your ears.

"I don't know if I've given you both the wrong impression but I'm not for sale," You said, crossing your arms.

The two older women completely ignored you. It was as if you were a parasite, far too irrelevant to be in the conversation.

"Well she only has one head. And there's nothing special about her, how about I'll give you a quarter of the price?"

"It's a deal," Elsa smiled softly.

Jimmy instantly stood by your side, looking just as angry as you were. Your sisters were stood near, observing what was going on. They seemed confused.

"You can't just sell her," Jimmy countered, looking Elsa square in the face.

"Oh, I can. It was in the contract she signed when she got here," Elsa then looked at you directly in the eyes, "I'm sorry but the show is running low on money,"

You scoffed, "I'm not going,"

"Where else do you have to go?"

Then it hit you. You couldn't go back to your old home; your mother was dead. And before that, you were merely an orphan. With the brains you had, it was almost impossible to get a job. Going off with this pervert and his mother was probably your best option. 

When everyone had noticed you'd stayed silent, Bette spoke up, "She's our sister,"

"And I'm sure she can visit," Elsa said, looking expectantly at the mother who had simply shrugged. 

Dot rolled her eyes, placing a hand on my shoulder protectively, "This is crazy talk,"

You looked up at her, knowing what you had to do, "Look, I know this is crazy. I don't like it either. But for now there's nothing we can do, it's either this or I get thrown out,"

She looked at you, her eyes full of worry, "We'll find a way to bring you back,"

Jimmy was still full of rage, "This is the final straw. I'll get you back y/n, don't you worry,"

You pulled him into a quick hug. The two of you hadn't even known each other for a couple of days but already felt extremely close. 

As you finally hugged your sisters, the mother came up to you.

"My name's Gloria Mott, I'm so glad you're coming with us! Dandy's getting awfully bored, it's quite troublesome when he's like that. I just know you two will become great friends!"

You chuckled nervously, tugging at the sleeves of your own jacket, "Yeah, I'm sure we will,"

"I'll be in the car with Dandy. It's the only car out there, you can't miss it. Please be quick, he can't stand waiting,"

You didn't have many bags, just the one satchel you carried around with you everywhere. It was quite beaten down. It could no longer close as some of the buttons were missing while others were hanging off. Seeing the badges sewn in from when you were a kid, a smile crossed your face. The memories of going to girl scouts surfaced in your head, all the stitching you learnt and how to tie a knot. The expeditions were your favourite, a chance to escape from the world.

You stuffed some of your clothes inside your bag, then slung it over your shoulder. Quickly taking in a deep breath, you left to go to the car. You had already said your goodbyes, so you didn't have much left to do other than leave.

Taking one last look at the freakshow, you opened the car door and slid into the backseat. 

As soon as you did, you heard the boy groan in annoyance, "Mother, I thought you said you brought me a freak,"