"We haven't the time now, but I can stop there before I return home and mail you the eclairs, if you would like."

   Olivia wore a pout on her face now, but nodded nonetheless as she looked about the home. From her father at the table, to her trunk that Astoria was beginning to grab, and finally to the far door in the left corner of the dining room. Behind it was a flight of stone stairs, which was revealed to Olivia as soon as she grabbed a hold of the brass handle; she peered down through the darkness but, before she could say a word, a teenage boy just as tall as she was bobbed up in front of her nose.

"I know! I'm here," he called in his squeaky, prepubescent voice. His light brown, wavy hair was tucked loosely behind his ears as he dragged his trunk past his sister very rudely. "Mum, have you seen Albus?"

"No, Casper, I haven't seen that awful toad of yours," said Astoria, her nose scrunched in distaste at the thought. "Perhaps your father has finally done us all a favour and set it loose in the back garden."

"Dad —!"

A cat sauntered across the living room, capturing Olivia's attention rather quickly.

"What are you up to, Iscala?"

   Iscala was an old, black cat that had been a part of Olivia's childhood for as long as she could remember. Harold and Astoria had adopted Iscala before their eldest was born, from a Muggle shelter.

   With a sharp exhale of annoyance, Olivia scooped the animal into her arms; she ignored the sound of hissing as she passed her father with nothing more than a chaste kiss to his cheek. He had appeared deep in thought, frowning down at the headline on the newspaper, but still he managed to flash a smile at the young witch before she was at her mother's side once again.

   Astoria took hold of Olivia's arm, her other hand entangled with Casper's, and then, in a blink of his eye, Harold's family had disappeared from in front of him.

   King's Cross Station was a popular place on every first of September. People crowded the area, some magical and others not, all chattering loudly as they pushed past one another in their haste. Children ran along unaccompanied, pushing trolleys that contained rather unusual possessions; had anyone been truly paying attention, it may take to question why owls were in cages or why slimy toads were croaking loudly — all amidst such a public centre.

"Have you got your badge?" asked Astoria once her, Olivia, and Casper had passed through the barrier between platforms nine and ten. The Hogwarts Express was gleaming at them, whistles whirring and steam flowing from the engine. Astoria pinched her daughter's cheek and shed an unnecessary tear as she added, her gaze shifting between the faces of her teenage children, "I am so very proud of you two."

   Olivia flushed, her green eyes darting around at the students passing by in hopes of spotting a familiar face. She swatted her mother's hand away, patted the top of her trunk, and then said, "I know, Mum, and I have it in here."

"You tell the girls I said hello!"

   And, after sharing one final kiss, Olivia left her mother behind with Casper and hurried aboard the train just as the pistons flared alive. The floor vibrated beneath her feet as Olivia lugged her trunk toward the back of the train, where she found the compartment she had sat in for the last five years occupied by a group of very important people. She slid the door open carefully, and it took less than a moment before she was knocked onto the floor by the weight of someone her own size.