𝐓𝐖𝐎ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ʳᵉᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉ

Start from the beginning

The brunette didn't ask much from life, only to haven't to marry someone to continue living.

At that point, the person Calliope didn't want to meet that day entered the classroom acclaimed by her classmates. 

Gilbert Blythe had always been the favorite one. 

He was a great student, a good child, and a wonderful friend by all, and this pushed Rhodes to be the most feared and revered. 

If she couldn't be loved like the boy and have an easy life like his, then she would terrify anyone who tried to stand in her way. 

Anne had come in with the boy, alarming all the girls. 

Everyone was aware of Ruby's crush on the boy, except Gilbert himself of course. 

No girl could talk to Blythe, not that Calliope cared particularly. 

The boys started asking Gilbert questions, curious about what he had done. 

"How was the District of Alberta?" or "Did you see the Rocky Mountains?" Gilbert replied with a slight smile "They're pretty hard to miss". 

The boys continued to ask questions "Were they big?". Gilbert answered with obviousness "They're mountains". 

Calliope lost her thread for a couple of seconds, a bit with her mind in the clouds not very taken by the situation. 

The girls went out to look for Anne. Isabella and Callie followed them out, not having much else to do. 

Words reached the brunette's ears and rolled her eyes. 

"Besides, I don't care where she's from. A cute girl is a cute girl". 

Callie wanted to tell him that even a stupid boy remained a stupid boy, but she didn't, not wanting to confront herself with Gilbert. 

The girls followed Anne, who was sitting in the courtyard outside. 

Josie started talking, clearing things up with Anne. 

"I don't know what you think you were doing walking with Gilbert Blythe. You can't talk to Gilbert Blythe." 

Tillie interrupted Josie to point out something "You can't even look at him". 

Josie flashes the girl with her gaze but kept talking, hugging Ruby in the process. 

"Ruby has liked him for three years. She has dibs". 

She said and then went on speaking to Ruby.

"There, there. That nasty girl didn't know any better. Just like yesterday with all your tall tales". 

Anne tried to apologize, sincerely not wanting to hurt the blonde. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to walk with him. It just happened." Josie intervened, interrupting the redhead.

"Well, don't let it happen again". 

Anne spoke, contentedly "I won't. I promise. I'll have nothing to do with him". 

Calliope partly defended Anne, quite annoyed by Josie "Really Goldilocks, don't you have anything else to do?".

Callie received a lightning glare from Josie, but in return the group of girls moved away, leaving Izzy, Callie, Diana, and Anne there. 

Diana sighed trying to apologize to Anne "I'll try to smooth things over". 

So Diana left, leaving the three girls solely. The first to speak was Isabella who decided to console Anne.