"Nah. I'm fine."

"What about you?"

"Sure." We posed for a picture and I gave her an autograph.

"So y'all gone talk or what? Cuz I could be getting some sleep." Her friend said.

"Tiffany!" Carter laughed.

"It's nice to see you again Cata."

"You too Aug."

"Come back to my hotel room? So we can talk?" I was secretly hoping she would say yes.

"Ion want my best friend out by herself."

"Oh she straight. I'll buy her a room. Right Tiff?" I smiled.

"Ooo girl I like him already! Should've introduced me sooner to him! Yes you can buy me a hotel room! And pay rent. But you not my man, so you can't do the last one." Tiffany flipped her hair.

"You funny. Remind me of my brother." We laughed.

We drove to the hotel and got out. I grabbed Carter's hand but she let go.

"Why you let go?" I asked.

"We not together Aug."

"We technically didn't break up either."

"Let's just go so we can talk." She started walking towards the elevator.

"You don't have the room number or the key." I smirked

"Ugh."

"Plus, he gotta buy my hotel room." Tiffany smiled.

"You right." Carter smiled and started talking to her best friend.

"Can I buy a room please?" I asked.

"One or two beds?" The receptionist asked.

"One." I pulled out my card to pay, and she gave me the key.

"Here you go. Thank you." She smiled.

"No, thank you." I was always a big flirt, but I knew who my heart belonged to.

We went to our rooms, and I gave Tiffany her key.

"Thank you Aug." She smiled and went into her room.

I guided Carter to mine and I slipped my shoes off, while she sat on the bed.

"Been four years Cata." I said after five minutes of silence.

"Sure has."

"How you been?" I sat beside her, rubbing my chin hair.

"Good, you?" She looked at me.

"Aight, I missed you." I was still looking down.

"I did what I had to do August."

"No, you wanted to break my heart. I bet you didn't even know before tonight that Mel died." I side eyed her.

"Just cause I cut off all ties with you, didn't mean I stopped talking to Cha."

"Why'd you leave Car?" I looked in her eyes, I could tell she wanted to tell me, but she was scared.

"I don't think you'd take it very well." She stood up.

"You was pregnant?"

She looked away and was quiet.

"Why didn't you tell me Carter? You might be out here strugglin and shit with my kid, and I coulda been helping ya ass."

"First of all, Roland and I, we good. Two, if I didn't leave, would you be August Alsina the singer or August Alsina the drug dealer? Honestly, I couldn't take the fighting and you doing ya thang anymore August. It was best for me to leave." She looked at me.