two

I pull my helmet off after parking my bike in the Pop's parking lot and notice Sweet Pea and Fangs unloading kegs out of the bed of Sweet Pea's truck

I pull my helmet off after parking my bike in the Pop's parking lot and notice Sweet Pea and Fangs unloading kegs out of the bed of Sweet Pea's truck. I make my way over to them with my hands in my pockets, "Mornin', boys."

Fangs stands in the bed of the truck and hands a keg down to Sweet Pea then hops out, "Hey, Stevie. What are you doing here? Thought you had night shift."

"I do, but Toni asked me to meet her here before our meeting at school." I explain.

Sweet Pea grimaces, "School starts next week, doesn't it?"

"Hopefully." I say dejected. "If we find a budget by then."

"Well, I don't have any money but there is a crate of liquor in my truck that you can make yourself useful with by bringing it down to the Wyrm." Sweet Pea says with a devious smile. I roll my eyes and give him a flat look. "Please." He jokingly begs sticking his bottom lip out.

This time I roll my eyes with a laugh, "Whatever."

Fangs grabs the crate and hands it to me, "First comes love." He sing songs.

"I'll drop this and tell Toni you did it." I threaten.

"I was kidding." He defends as he grabs the other keg.

"Yeah, get to walking."

The three of us head into Pop's then down the steps into the Whyte Wyrm.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I hear Sweet Pea say before I see why, "No way, Toni, no way."

From behind Fangs I see Jughead sitting at the bar with a drink in his hand.

Both the boys sit the kegs down on the ground with a thud, "Gathering some research for your next book there, Jones?" Fangs asks passive aggressively.

I place the crate down on the bar and walk over to stand next to Sweet Pea on the opposite side of my brother.

Jughead looks around at us, "Hang on, are you guys actually upset about my novel?"

"You made the Serpents look like fools in it." Toni spits.

His forehead creases, "You mean the Vipers? The Vipers were the good guys." Fangs scoffs, "I didn't use your actual names." Jughead defends.

"You think people around here couldn't figure out who- what was the one characters name?" Fangs asks sarcastically, "Toothy was?"

"Or Pop Eye." Sweet Pea says in disgust.

"And lets not forget the main characters 'mind numbingly obnoxious', your words, sister Jazzy." I add, "I mean, seriously?"

"You mocked our Serpent traditions, codes and now you're asking for our help?" Toni says with a pointed look.

Jughead sighs, "Toni. Guys." He turns to me with a pleading look, "Stevie? You can't be mad at me too."

I shake my head slowly, "No, no I can."