3.10.0^

Chapter Forty-Nine: Counting Losses

"So the story goes: Owner of a lonely heart, owner of a lonely heart (is) much better than an owner of a broken heart."

~Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes~

⭒⭒⭒

Revised: September 7, 2022

Warnings: abuse, addiction, anxiety, biphobia/homophobia, depression, domestic violence, slight eating disorder, langubage, panic attacks, sexual harassment/assault/abuse, violence, and other mature themes

Surprise-ish update, I guess. I posted early because I'm sleepy whoops. Okay, enjoy.

⭒⭒⭒

Zion's POV

The car ride is silent. Both of us seem at a loss of what to say. Or maybe the problem is that there's so much to say and we don't know how to.

I know I want to tell Hawk that I still have feelings for him, but I know I also have feelings for Robby. The question is: Who's the best for me?

And that answer I don't have. All I know is one will end up heartbroken.

I park on the street and turn to Hawk, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah. Let's make Miyagi-Do pay."

I get out of the car, ready to fight. I know Tory will go for Samantha, so my target is Demetri. I still hate him for all he's said and done: slut-shaming me on more than one occasion, snitching on me for the black eye, among many other things.

Something I can never forgive, though, is him saying my dad did a bad job raising me. Because I know my dad taught me how to be strong and prepared me for after he passed. And I am strong. Besides, someone has to stand up for the only person who raised me.

I'm away from Janice and I'm a great fighter. I have to admit it's all because of Sensei Kreese and Cobra Kai. I'm learning things for the real world, for survival, to better myself. And of course my life doesn't look at all like what I wanted it to, but I can get revenge and do more than get even. I can win this once and for all.

If Johnny Lawrence - the horrible father, the one who is teaching Miguel the wrong lessons - wants to side with Daniel LaRusso - Sam's snobby father, the sensei of Miyagi-Do - then I'll just have to work that much harder to take the dojos down. And I will.

We meet up with the other Cobras outside in the driveway.

"Elijah, Rickenberger, Z, and I will go in through the other door. You guys go in that way," Tory delegates.

I notice the other Cobras look hesitant and speak up. "We're striking first. Now we just need to strike hard and show no mercy. This alliance snuck up on all of us. If we don't fight now, we'll just have our asses handed to us later. This is the time for us to show what Cobra Kai can really do. Do any of you have a problem with that?"

They collectively shake their heads and I see Hawk smirking at me in admiration for stepping up. I try to hide my blush as he looks at me like that and turn to Tory. She smiles at me, glad I'm here.

"Let's go," she says and the two boys follow us around the house. I share a smirk with Rickenberger, both of us excited for revenge. We stand outside the door and I wait for Tory's cue for us to barge in. She grabs a bobby-pin and picks the lock.