Chapter eleven - Improving

Start from the beginning

"It's divide the power by the force, yeah Edee?" Theodore asked me when we were walking to physics. Giving girls winks and smiles on the way to our classroom through the school hallways.

I nodded and fiddled with my backpack strings.

I looked up to meet his gaze. "Does every girl swoon over you"

Quirking an eyebrow he smirked and brushed his hands through his hair.

He shrugged as if it meant nothing. "pretty much"

I walked into the classroom and found my seat. "Good luck, you'll be fine" I whispered to Theodore who walked past me and took a seat behind where I was sat.

Mrs.Westfield hurried into the classroom clutching a pile of papers. "Right everyone, I'm handing out your tests now. You have until the end of the lesson and I'll email you your results later tonight"

I turned over the test and started answering the questions. The test wasn't difficult, it was pretty much everything that me and Theodore went over last night, similar questions and all.

I completed the test and placed it on Mrs.Westfields desk, the bell rang and I grabbed my bag and walked out the classroom door. I wanted to get home as soon as possible and avoid the crowded and stuffy hallway.

I heard a voice call out from behind me "Edee"

I turned around to see a very happy Theodore.

"How did you find it" I asked.

He grinned."It wasn't actually all that bad"

He stopped to talk to some guys by his locker. I smiled at him before continuing to walk down the hallway.

I reached my locker, sighing I sorted out my books and textbooks before shutting the door. I heard my phone ring, I pulled it out of the pocket in my mom jeans and looked at the notification.

It was my mum calling.

"Hey mum"

I placed the phone on my ear and tilted my head so my shoulder was holding it stable whilst I was zipping up my bag.

"Hey Eden sweetheart, me and your dad have had to go out of town for a work purpose, we will be back home tomorrow afternoon when you get home from school. I'm sorry it's such late notice"

I felt my heart sink a little.

"Oh okay, is everything alright?"

"Yes sweetheart, this is all because dad has had a case he needs to work on, you know how hectic his work can get"

"Yeah I guess"

Propping my bag on my shoulders I took my AirPods and connected them to my phone.

"You can order a takeaway or you could cook something, there's plenty in the house"

"Okay mum, I'm just walking out of school now, have you left already?."

"I'm getting in the car as we speak, no massive party's whilst we're gone"

She chuckled.

"Mum, you know me. That isn't happening"

Grinning I walked out of the school doors.

"Okay well I must go sweetheart, stay safe. I love you"

"I love you too mum"

Pressing the end call button i made my way home without any troubles.

Taking my key and opening the front door I let my bag slip off my shoulders, hearing it land with a thud by my feet.

Walking upstairs I decided to run myself a warm bubble bath, slipping off my clothes I submerged myself under the relaxing water. Shutting my eyes and letting the bubbles slowly swish around me. I washed my hair and shaved my legs with my favourite vanilla shampoo,conditioner and body wash set.

Stepping out of the bath the cold air hit my skin, contrasting with the warmth of the bathroom. I moisturised my body and did my skincare. I threw on my pyjamas whilst drying my hair with a towel trudging my way down the stairs.

Taking out a few takeaway leaflets from the cabinet drawer, my eyes landed on a Thai leaflet. I called the number and placed my order when I heard a knock on the door.

I scrunched my nose in confusion as I wasn't expecting anyone apart from my food delivery, but I highly doubt that they'd be here within literally 10 seconds.

Making my way to the door there was another knock.

"I'm coming" I yelled.

Opening the door I saw Theodore.

God he looked good.

He smirked, "Done checking me out Edee" he questioned.

His eyes flickered over my body. "Cute pyjamas"

I blushed and remembered I was wearing my fluffy cream pyjama set that was far to big for me.

Clearing my throat I asked if everything was okay.

"Yep, more than okay actually. I texted you but I don't think you got my message"

"Oh sorry, I've just had a long bath" I subtly smiled at him.

"Guess what I got in my test Edee"

"Oh shit the test" I fumbled around looking for my phone, trying to find the email Mrs.Westfield sent about our results.

"Hey stop flustering, im sure you've done fine" Grinning he handed me his phone.

"Wow Theodore, a B+". I looked up to see him smiling, I did a little dancey dance in my head.

"Thanks Edee, couldn't of done it without you" He spoke proudly.

"It's not a problem, really Theodore"

"Call me Theo" He huffed.

"Okay I'm sorry, it's really not a problem Theo"

After a comfortable silence, Theo spoke up.

"I've been thinking, I'll do it, I'll continue with the tutoring if I'm gonna get good grades like this each time we take a test"

~~
Authors note

Ahh you could say this is where it all begins!!

Theo's POV in the next chapter

See you Wednesday :)

G x