A Girl's Choice

A Girl's Choice

My alarm clock went off waking me from my peaceful sleep. I threw it at the wall and I heard it smash too bad it had been a nice clock. " Come on it's time to get up", my annoying older brother urged. " No it's Saturday", I said putting the pillow over my head.

" Come on Alaina we've got to go to school it's Monday", Blake said then left. I checked my iPod shit it was Monday damn long weekends they always screwed me up. I got up and took a quick shower. I got out blower then curled my hair and straightened my bangs. I put a bathrobe on and went into my walk-in closet. I chose a white lace top and some light blue skinny jeans. It was summer in Nevada so I was safe no need for a windbreaker I just wore my custom jean jacket. I looked good my golden brown hair was perfectly curled and my baby blue eyes were big now that I was more awake. I went downstairs listening to my iPod and made my lunch and ate my breakfast while I hummed the songs. I always did this so no one was confused. I gathered my homework off the counter and went to the living room to grab my bag. I stuffed the homework in my bag and ran out the door and found Blake waiting in the car for me. " Sorry the toaster was being stubborn", I said getting in and taking out my headphones. " No prob sis have you chosen yet?", he asked as he drove. " Not yet I'm not sure which animal I want to be", I said biting my lip. " Okay I have to say being a cougar is pretty cool", he shrugged. By the way I should tell you my family are shapeshifters they are rarer than other things like demons, vampires, werewolves and sorcerers. I was the youngest in my family and my older brother Blake looked after me since he was the only family I had left humans had killed my family but my brother got me away. It was a fire the bastards had burned them to death closing all the windows and doors so there was no escape. Blake had found a window just in time and we had turned into crowd and flown off. I missed my family everyday and I wished we could have saved them every night since I'd had nightmares of that night. My name is Alaina Harvey and I'm one of the last shapeshifter. We went to Daylight Academy with the other supernaturals. I had four best friends, Alecia, Lauren, Carmen and Annabelle. My brother had two close friends, Avery and Dallas they were pretty cool in fact Avery and Carmen were dating. Avery was a sorcerer and Carmen was a witch. The two groups didn't usually get along but they had overcome all the bull shit and were happier for it. Dallas was Lauren's older brother he was pretty awesome he knew everything and they were werewolves. Annabelle and Alecia were both vampires twins in fact. Our two groups were intertwined now so we all hung out together. I was at the center of our group Blake and I were the leaders.

When we got to school our friends were waiting for us. The whole school respected us and we were basically the popular group everyone wanted our opinions on everything. " Hey Alaina check this out", Carmen said then she threw water out of a bucket and then raised her hand. She span in around into a orb and then threw it without touching it and it hit Walker Stevens the biggest jerk in school. We all cheered and high fived Carmen and Avery kissed her. " Keep your witch in line Harvey", he hissed. " Keep your girlfriend in line she shouldn't play with knives", I threatened, " or I'll tell someone about spring break". His eyes narrowed but he backed down and went off to join his friends. Last spring break Walker tried to attack me he was a vampire and I was only a shapeshifter or so he thought. I turned into a cheetah and took him down he got beat by a shifter. Shifters were supposed to be gentle but that wasn't me.

The bell rang and we headed inside. I dropped my stuff off at my locker and headed to class. " Hey Harvey new boy", Fern said running to catch up with me. " Tell tell", I said interested.

Fern was the smartest in school and she was a bit of a know it all but she was cool. It was her older sister Diane I couldn't stand. " Vampire no one knows his name but I saw him he's gorgeous", she said as we walked. " Alright I'll see you at lunch", I said giving her a sweet smile. " See ya", she said then ran off to her class. I went into class and sat with Alecia and Carmen. " Guess what there's a new vampire", I said as I sat down. " Really cool", Alecia said excitedly. " I hope he's not like Walker", Carmen sighed. " Me too but the odds aren't in favour", I reminded them.