𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

Start from the beginning

Although all the other inhabitants of the cave were wearing clothes that looked as though they hadn't been changed in months, Greyback was wearing a suave, long leather coat and had his hair combed pack to further reveal his pointed features.

"Found 'em in the woods, Greyback," the man holding Remus said, roughly letting go of his arm. "Says that 'e wanted to speak with you."

"Oh, I recognize you," Greyback said in a grating voice that rumbled like an avalanche. "Wait, don't say your name, let me guess."

Remus narrowed his eyes as the werewolf slowly stood up and walked towards him, taking in long, dramatic breaths of air as his footsteps navigated the slippery rocks without looking down.

"Yes, I know the scent," he said with a gut wrenching grin. "You're that Lupin boy, aren't you?"

Well shit, Remus thought, a wry smile forming on his face. There goes trying to blend in.

"Your nostrils have detected correctly."

Greyback punched him firmly across the face and then landed a solid kick in his gut, making Remus fall to his knees with a groan as he wiped the blood away from his nose with the back of his hand.

"Saw that one coming," he muttered under his breath, looking up at Greyback.

"I didn't think you would have grown this much since you were such a small child," he said tauntingly. "The little boy has nerves now."

A series of raspy laughs went through the cave, sharply cut off by their leader with an annoyed growl.

"Let me guess," he said, kneeling down to Remus's level so that he could look him in the eyes. "You are here to offer us a better way of living, for us to join your cause."

The laughter started again, making Remus cringe as the sound seemed to creep up his spine.

"Well, let me counter that offer," Greyback said with complete sincerity as he turned his head closer. "Why don't you join us?"

"I am not like you," Remus said back with determination. "I would never bite an innocent child."

Greyback tilted his head back and laughed maniacally, standing up and spreading his arms to the eagerly watching room.

"Did you hear that?" he shouted, pointed teeth glistening in the firelight. "He says that he is not like us!"

There was another chorus of laughter that echoed through the high ceilings, making it last much longer than normal.

"You, little Lupin, are just like us," he hissed back, smile evaporating as he signalled for another one of the pack members to tie his hands behind his back. "Those humans will never understand you, hard as they may try. They may pretend to love you, but they never will."

It was taking everything in Remus to remind himself of Hollis with confidence.

"They will always be afraid of you, hate you."

This time he couldn't keep the slight flinch off his face.

"Oh, it appears I've hit a nerve," he whispered, going on one knee in front of the bloodied young man. "That doubt will always be in the back of your mind when you are with those humans, so why not join us and not be the pathetic boy you are now?"

"So if there is clearly not an arrangement here and you despise me, why not just let me go?" Remus asked, now knowing that his only aim was so get out of there alive and back to Hollis. "No more harm has to come of this interaction, we can both leave one another alone with our opinions."