Waxing at home

Waxing at home

Chocolate wax

Chocolate wax is not only a good wax to remove your hair, but it is also a very good tan remover and also makes your skin soft and supple. If you have dry skin and your skin starts to flake then chocolate wax is the right option for you.

Step 1: Pour 1 cup sugar (brown or white), 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 teaspoon glycerine and 1/4 cup of water in a bowl.

Step 2: Place the bowl over medium heat and keep stirring the mixture with the spoon.

Step 3: Do it for 6-8 minutes. Meanwhile, the mixture should become thicker and color should be of light gloden shade. If you overcook this mixture, it will become like candy and will be of no use.

Step 4: Now put the flame off and mix 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder to this mixtue and stir well.

Step 5: Cook this mixture again for 1 minute while stirring with the spoon. After that remove the bowl from the flame. Let it cool down for a few minutes.

Step 6: Now, Take some chocolate wax onto the spatula and apply to the area, where you want to remove hair.

Step 7: Take a cloth strip and place it over the area where you have just applied the wax. Press firmly with your fingers and smooth out following the direction of growth of your hair.

Step 8: Then, pull the cloth swiftly (apply as sharp motion as possible) just in the opposite direction (reverse of your hair growth). Your movement should be firm and rapid.

Step 9: Continue the process unless you get rid of all the unwanted hair.

Precaution : Before applying your wax recipe, make sure to clean the area where you would be applying the mixture and allow it to dry.

Note 1: Always apply an ice cube or some fresh aloe vera gel to the waxed areas right after the procedure. It will reduce sensitivity and soothe the skin to a great extent.

Note 2: If there is an inflammation or sunburn then don't go for waxing as it can cause further irritation on the skin. Avoid areas where you have piercing, cuts or acne.

Note 3: You can keep homemade sugar wax in an airtight container for 12-14 days. Heat it up in a microwave for 10-15 seconds or more till you get the desired consistency.

Note 4: While making the wax, heating part is quite tricky. Your wax must not be too soft or too hard. If you remove the bowl from the heat too early, the mixture will remain too soft and you will find it extremely sticky during waxing. Conversely, if you cook it for too long, it will become hard just like a candy.

Please vote and comment and leave any suggestions.

~bye