1

I walked around the gardens, closely followed by my maid, Mareya. My hands stroked along the bushes, whilst Mareya hummed.

Being the sister of the famous Aya Nikola, I had all the luxuries in life. I apparently was a beautiful 21 year old, who caught the attention of many men. I had rejected everyone who asked for my hand because I was waiting for the right person.

'Bayan'im, your brother has come to meet you.' 'He has? It's been so long since he visited. Let's go, now!' My legs rushed forward, but Mareya grabbed my arm. 'He's with some other man, whom we do not know.' I didn't pay attention, and made for Kaveri Kalesi. The guards opened the door to the throne room, and there, sat on my throne, was my lovely brother.

'Abi!' I rushed forward to him, not paying attention to the other individual in the room. Nikola pulled me into a tight embrace, and kissed my forehead. 'Ah, my beautiful sister, Leanne. It's been so long since I've seen your face. You're the spitting image of our late mother.' 'Abi, I've missed you extremely. I was alone in this big cas-' I had finally spotted the other man awkwardly standing there.

His same unruly hair, those same blue eyes. The dark cross tattoo on his bald side. 'Flatyos?' I chuckled, and eyed the man. He had become more handsome since I'd last seen him. His once childish face, had now matured and shaped into the adult he was now. 'Stop staring at me, I know I'm handsome, but there's no need.'

I came back to my senses, and saw how intently he was staring at me. 'Says you. You can't seem to take your eyes off me.' I noticed he was staring deeply at me. 'Flatyos, stop ogling my sister, be respectful.' He laughed in the way I call the popcorn laugh. A guard rushed in, and whispered something to Nikola. His eyes widened, and I could see that he was becoming angrier by the second. 'Nikola? Abi? What is it?' 'That bastard Osman, killed Princess Sofia, and conquered Kulucahisar Kalesi.'

'Why? Why does he need the castle, Abi? Who is this "Osman" anyways?' 'He is the son of Ertugrul, the man who killed my father.' Flatyos piped in. 'So, he's our enemy. Next minute, he'll conquer Inegol, Kalverai and Bursa. Nicea is already being polluted by Mongols, so he will know not to go there. Leanne, everywhere is dangerous for you. You will stay in Kaveri, as it's not as important as others.'

'But-' 'No buts, ifs or ands. I don't want to lose you, ok?' 'Ok, Abi.' He left the room, leaving me alone with Flatyos. He walked up to me, and we were dangerously close. 'Flatyos-' 'Leanne. You have grown so beautiful. Your eyes are so pretty, your cheeks so pink. And your lips, your heavenly lips which speak such sweet words, have made my heart flutter. You were my first love, and I was yours. Let us be together.'

My heart pounded. I mean, he was incredibly handsome, I do admit it, however, it all changed. 'Flatyos, please don't. If you cared about me, then why did you go for that ominous Lena? You cried over her after she left you for Ertugrul's son, Savci. You didn't care for me. We can't.' I turned away, and looked at Great Ceasar. 'Yuce Sezar.' My hand raised in respect, and I brushed past Flatyos.

'Leanne! Leanne, listen to me! Hear me out! Leanne!' I could hear his footsteps behind me, so I ran to my room. Mareya followed.

I sat on my bed, breathing hard. I had once loved Flatyos. I had loved him a lot. His charming gaze made me fall head over heels, and his sweet words made me blush. However, when he met Lena, he completely changed. He fell for her, and ruined me. I cried day in, day out, without telling my brother. Of course, once Ertugrul Bey conquered Karacahisar, and killed his father, and his son, Savci caught the eye of Lena, he changed. Into a revenge-soaked monster. He killed and killed, and was soon imprisoned. However, he continuously went for that Lena. I'll kill her.

I'll kill her for stealing my love.

There was a knock at the door, a soft tap. 'May I come in, Princess Leanne?' I gasped, having only heard that voice once. 'Helen? Helen! Come in!' Mareya opened the door, and a woman in her 40s entered. I jumped up, and rushed to her arms.

'Condolences, Helen! Sofia didn't deserve to die like this. She was doing what she could for her people. Don't worry, I'm sure my Abi will regain Kulucahisar, and take revenge for Sofia.' 'Ah, Leanne. Your sweet heart only knows one side. Come, let us sit.' Helen walked us to the bed in the room.

Mareya brought in fruits, and we snacked on them for a bit. She then proceeded to tell us that Flatyos was waiting outside. 'Don't let him in. He's a disgrace, and would only soil our Leanne's heart.' I thanked Helen with a hug.

'Leanne. What is this with Flatyos? You used to love him a lot back in the days.' 'Helen, you wouldn't know. He- he fell for that Lena who married the Turk, and became a killer and criminal. I can't take him back. Please, Helen, keep him away from me.' I pleaded with her, until she sighed. 'Ok, ok, my dear. I'll make sure he doesn't talk to you. You should tell your brother of him. He'll definitely keep him away. Come on, let us have a sleepover. Mareya, you join as well.'

I sat on the bed. This was how it was going to be then.

A/N

Hola, yass!

I have finally rewritten the chapter. Thx to @Maryamx11 for the book cover!!

Bayan- Madam/Ma'am

Kalesi- Castle

Abi- Brother

Yuce Sezar- Great Caesar

How do you find Leanne? Nikola? Flatyos? Helen? Mareya?

Yass I pictured Leanne as Rasha/Mahfiruze Hatun from Kosem, but also Negin Vand, but you can depict however you want. Lygsm ♥️ vote and comment, cyaaaa

1025 words