S1 E8: End of the Line

Start from the beginning

Darius rests his head on the pipes. Kenji says, "But you are. Good at this. I mean, like, I'm sure you're fine at video games, too, not downplaying that, But... none of us would have known what to do, Darius. But because you didn't give up, we didn't give up either."

Sammy says, "You kept us goin', no matter what some of us have done."

Yaz says, "you made us feel like we were in this together. So, we are. We're a team. We're your team."

I say, "You made all of us feel welcome, when we were unwelcomed everywhere else. You were there for us. We'll be there for you."

Brooklyn says, "Things fall apart. And that's okay because when that happens... "

Darius finishes, "We pick up the pieces and we keep going."

Kenji reaches his hand out to Darius and helps him up. Once again Toro ROARs. Brooklyn whispers, "He's getting closer."

Darius gets a determined look and says, "Let's see what's in these crates."

With that, everyone starts to open crates. In the crates are graze, medical tape, and oxygen tanks. I hear Kenji say, "Come on, something pointy! Come on, something hurty! Come on... Ugh! Medical supplies?"

Everyone gathers Kenji's crate. Darius says, "We had these around the house after my dad got sick," he picks up the tank. "Super compressed air, sensitive to pressure and heat!"

Idea. Everyone gets a light bulb moment. Darius looks around, then says, "Kenji, Brooklyn, let's get this loaded on that cart. Sammy, use those bandages and tape to make a fuse. We're gonna need something to light it with."

Yaz lights the stun prod. Toro roars even closer.

  (A.N. I wanted to share something from Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous volume 1.

"Now what?" Yasmina asks. "We wrap ourselves up like mummies and scare him to death?"

"Or give him a bunch of this oxygen and hope he gets light-headed," Kenji said.

I just thought this was funny)

Toro shows up with surround sound. We are all gathered behind a crate. Where are the humans? How hard is it to find six regular humans and a dinosaur linked human? Sammy finished the fuse. Yaz tries to light it but fails. Kenji gets an idea and opens Ben's fanny back. He pulls out hand sanitizer and pours it on the fuze. Kenji says, "hand sanitizer! This stuff will burn!"

The fuze finally lights. Brooklyn says, "Thanks Ben."

We push the crate toward Toro. Who knocks it aside. Oxygen tanks fly everywhere. Flaming debris goes everywhere too. Fire spreads. There you are. As he charges, Kenji yells, "Run!"

"Where?" asks Brooklyn.

"Anywhere!" says Sammy. Thrus starts a very dangerous game of Tag or in this case If Toro gets you, you're dead and eaten. Toro targets Yaz. A weak prey is an easy prey. Darius gets his attention by throwing a piece of wood. Yaz falls. Sammy and I help her up. I see Darius grabbing the stun prod. He is cornered by Toro. As Toro goes for the kill, Darius leaps out of the way. Kenji helps Darius up. Toro opens an oxygen tank. Idea. Darius threw the prod while it was on. But he wasn't going to get cover. So as the Expulsion, I grab him and swing him toward the others, but as I swing him the rotational energy swings me out of cover.I feel burning on my back. As debris went everywhere, some impaled my left ankle and right forearm. Debris buries me. I hear Darius ask, "Is everyone ok?"

Brooklyn says, "Where's Temperance?"

I yell, "Here!"

I feel the debris being removed. I sit up. My eyes open. What? I can't see anything. Blackness. I hear multiple gasps. "Tem, can you see anything?"

"Unless someone turned off the light, no."

A hand touched my right shoulder. I turn. I hear Kenji say, "Whoo-hoo! We did it. We beat..."

Something breaks through the debris next to me. I smell smoke. Whining. Ow! That hurt! Next thing I know I can see everyone. I can see myself. My clothes are dirty, with blood on it. My eyes open with blood in my sclera, and blood flowing from my eyes. I can't feel the pain that Toro feels, but I can feel the pain from my body. Brooklyn, Kenji, Darius, Sammy, and Yaz gather around my body and take a stand. I can't fight you with my injuries. You better protect her from others. With that he leaves. I return to my own body. Everyone celebrates. Yaz says, "How are you feeling?"

"I know now how a pin cushion feels like."

Kenji says, "where are your Med kit?"

"Top of hiking backpack."

I feel ointment, glaze, and tape on my right forearm, and left knee and ankle. Ointment on back. Glaze and tape on the left shoulder. Someone wrapped up my eyes. Soon I feel the wind, and the sun. I am led out and pulled in a direction. Soon I hear seagulls cawing. I hear Darius say, "They're gone."

Sammy asks, "They'll be back for us , won't they?"

Darius says, "Of course they will. And until then, we've got each other. Right, Mr. VIP?"

Kenji says, "Absolutely, Dino-nerd."

Brooklyn butts in, "Hey, don't forget 'superstar.'"

Yaz adds, "Barf."

I add, " Don't forget Dino-telepath, Track-star, and Texas."

I am led elsewhere.