Chapter Fifty-Five

Mulai dari awal

✧✧✧

     Midna Town passed by in a flash. Xerneas ran as fast as she could, which was pretty quick without her Geomancy, which wore off while I was taking care of business. Xerneas did not ask me what happened.
     Part of me believed she was afraid of the answer. Or wouldn't get a straight one.
     Honestly... yeah. She wouldn't get a straight one because I'll admit. The act that was performed was vile.
      But the sheer strength I felt in that moment. Maybe I should go ahead and start planning the way I should dispose of Jaern.
     Route Two came and went nearly as quick as Midna Town did. The water was lovely to look at under the afternoon sun, but the sight was replaced with even more trees as we barreled through the northeast part of the region before turning westward.
      I kept an eye out for any... unwanted followers. I rolled my eyes at the previous encounter with Audrey and Wyatt.
      It ends in the name of Mother and Father. Bah.
      It endures in the name of their work. But I don't give a shit about how the people of Torren view me. The end justifies the means.
      After all, they're sitting back on their asses. They have no right to choose who saves them; from a superhero who is righteous and doesn't mind doing these things for people. Or a jaded anti-Heroine who has no problem tearing apart the enemy to silence them.
      Literally.
     After all, I brought Zenith to his knees. That's nothing to sneeze at. I saved their ungrateful butts from becoming a slave army.
      Xerneas continued to stay quiet as she thundered along. I moved my head ever so slightly to the side to view about where I was.
      It seemed to be... almost at the Mount Rose Base.
      I shot the blasted mountain a look that would shred it to pieces it looks could do that.
      Then again, the crater DEFINITELY had to be in shambles. I cringed at the memory of the loud sound of the mountain crumbling as Astelle, Christian, and I escaped.
       Arceus, that was loud as hell.
      As Xerneas ran on, my mind shifted back to my sworn-childhood enemy.
      Mother gave Zenith his powers. So they were connected in some way. And if Zenith was a valuable pawn of the Giratina... Group, I guess with how many times Nyx reinforced that they weren't a cult, why did they let me kill him?
      I quieted with these question prevalent, expecting Mother to give me answers.
      She stayed silent instead.
      I sighed at my head. Gotta be mysterious, I guess. I expect answers later, ma.
      Xerneas quickly trotted across the grass as I heard some far-off shouts. I sighed through my nostrils, and I squeezed my legs ever so slightly to encourage Xerneas to not stop. The sky over here was pretty overcast, but I just shrugged it off because I'm like, maybe a few miles away from Amphitrite now.
       I grinned at the thought, but that's when I felt it.
       The air was cooling.
       And fast. Like, plummeting temperatures.
     Xerneas nearly skidded to a halt, causing some grass and dirt to fly everywhere as she began to look around, trying to find the source of the air-cooling. The hairs on my body almost instantly flew up in a strange chill; even my bandages arm began to ache strangely.
      I almost instantly shuddered, feeling some of my magical aura flow through my hair and escape into the air. I breathed out of my mouth, and I could see my breath.
      So I held up a hand, and focused my energy into my fingers.
     "Adolebitque." I commanded.
     Nearly instantaneously, the familiar, now pretty brutal-capable azure flames burst to life in my hand. I huffed as the warmth almost instantly flowed into the air, making the nearly sub-zero feeling air. I leaned forward onto Xerneas's neck, and held the flame between my now shaking form and Xerneas's neck.
     If she could feel the cold she didn't let it show, but I saw an ear flick; a show of appreciation that I cared enough to share the warmth. I cuddled close to Xerneas, trying to absorb the magical heat.
      "ANGELICA. LEADER OF THE PROCLAIMED "GENESIS" CULT."
     I almost jumped out of my skin, and Xerneas snarled in response to this voice.
     Xerneas was looking up, but I didn't need to to know who it was.
      Not again. I heard mother growl quietly.
      I agreed quietly. Audrey stood on Kyogre once more, over the route leading to Amphitrite City.
     I swore in my mind.
     "... dammit Audrey, what's your obsession with me?" I asked, not hiding my exasperation. "Move. Please. This is the only time I'll ask you nicely."
      Audrey stared at me before she tipped her head back, and laughed. Loudly.
     I sighed in irritation. Of course.
     "Move? Why should I share the glory of hunting down and ending Jaern with anyone else?" She asked.
      I growled at her.
      "Your sorry ass had better not have finished him before he gets to Amphitrite. I swear to Arceus." I hissed.
      She laughed.
      "Arceus No." she said. "Why would I waste my energy chasing him down when you've already done it for me?"
      I sighed.
     "Whatever. Move your happy ass or I will shove you aside!" I shouted.
      "Ha!! What arrogance." She spat. "Your stupid little tricks won't save you this time."
      "Shoot. You're going to fight me again?" I asked. "Dammit, can it wait? I'm on a tight schedule here! I promised my people I'd shove a boot in Jaern's arse by the end of the day."
      Audrey laughed again.
      "I'm afraid you won't get to do that. But I can for you in your stead," she said. "'Cause by the end of this, you'll be in my custody, feeling every pain you've caused me and more."
      "Arceus-damn," I said. "Haven't you learned?! You've said that to me already and yet here I am!"
      "Bah!! Enough prattle." Audrey bit, clearly having had enough. "Your end is nigh, Angelica. Pick a god and pray, because you'll need them for where I'll be sending you."