Directioners In 30 Years

The year is 2043, and you're driving home from work with your 2-year-old son in the back seat. Flipping the radio on, you hear the announcer say, "Alright, now you girls who were teens back in, oh, 2012, 2013 or so should remember this one." Your eyes widen as you hear the all-too-familer opening chords of a song you haven't heard or even thought about in the past 10 years. "You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-oo-or." You pull into a rest stop and park as the memories come flooding back. The countless fanfics you wrote, the video diaries you were always watching. The posters above your bed, your first concert. Louis' antics, Harry's flirting. Zayn's quiff, Niall's obsession with Nando's. Liam's single kidney, even Larry Stylinson. Everything. Taking a shaky breath, you head for home. When you arrive, you settle your son down for a nap and sit down on the computer, clicking to the old social networking site Twitter, where you haven't been in years. Logging in after racking your brains for your username and password, you look at your last tweet, dated July 14, 2013. "Just got back from the concert! Love you boys! @Niall_Official @Louis_Tomlinson @HarryStyles @ZaynMalik @Real_Liam_Payne" The boys' Twitters. You click on them, reliving all the memories you have of them. None of them have changed their profiles since 2013. 30 years. That's how long ago you were fangirling over them. That's how long ago you were kissing the posters. That's how long ago you loved them.