Spin-off: Meet the Parents I

Start from the beginning

"Hey! I'm just not into flashy dresses, okay?" Ken reasoned out, popping a vein at her own sister's snide remark.

Karylle only huffed and shrugged her shoulders, walking towards the door. "I'm going to my room, I have a research project I need to finish." Then she turned to the blonde. "Be sure to bring my sister back before twelve, okay? I trust you, Kise."

He flashed a reassuring smile. "Hai, I promise. I'll take good care of Kenlycchi."

The minute her sister was gone, Ken let out the heavy sigh she was holding. "She's a bully."

"Your sister is wonderful.." He brought his hand up to her face and tucked a few strands of her rebel hair behind her ear. "..though I wish I could meet your Mom too."

"My mom's a midwife, she has the night shift in the hospital. But on Sundays she's free, so maybe you can meet her one of these days."

Kise pressed a soft kiss on her forehead before smiling. "I can't wait to meet her, Sweetheart."

"You'll meet her soon. But right now, help me first." She puffed her cheeks. "I'm so ugly I don't look good in dresses."

Kise raised an eyebrow then bursted out laughing, pinching both of her cheeks. "Why are you so cute, baby?"

Ken popped another vein and moved away, pampering her poor cheeks. She threw Kise her nastiest glare. "I'm serious, Ryouta. Stop laughing."

The male tried to hold in his laughter as he ran a hand through his blonde hair. "It's just that.. You're so cute when you're flustered."

"I'm not flustered, I'm scared!" She countered, raising her voice.

Her sudden change of tone surprised Kise, he immediately crossed the distance between them and examined her face. There were tears in the corner of her blue eyes and he became wary. "Hey, It's going to be okay." He tilted her chin up to make eye contact with her. "What's wrong? Why are you scared?"

Ken waited for a few seconds to answer, gathering up the courage she needed. "What if they won't like me? What if they tell you I'm not worthy enough for you? I can't-"

"Wait. What are you saying?" He asked, abruptly cutting her off. He was confused and worried at the same time.

She took a deep breath before finally deciding to tell him the truth. "Yuki also took me to their house before to meet his parents."

He frowned, "Yuki?"

"Kasamatsu Yukio, my ex-boyfriend."

At the mention of his name, Kise nearly cringe in guilt. But he maintained composure. "And what happened?"

"They didn't like me." Then she turned away, averting his gaze. "They said they didn't want someone like me in their family. They said Yuki was better off with someone else."

Kise gasped, tightening his grip on her shoulders. Anger was starting to bubble up deep within him. "They told you that? Someone like you? Why in hell would they say that?"

At that, she broke into tears. "Because I'm me, Ryouta. I was born an illegitimate daughter."

Dazed and shocked, Kise remained motionless. "What do you mean? Please tell me everything, Kenlycchi."

She pulled away from him and sat on the bed, he immediately followed. "My Mom was a mistress. My Dad is an American Navy who was designated here in Japan when he met her. He didn't tell her he was already married, and Mom only found out after I was born. I was supposed to be Kenly Eah Hopper, but she didn't register me with Dad's name so I stayed as Shinomiya unlike my sister. We've experienced mockeries and ridicules. The truth had spread throughout the entire town like a wildfire and it destroyed Mom's pride and reputation. It wasn't her fault, she was fooled."