"Rumlow, if you think for one moment I'm gonna..."

"Shhh." He interrupted as he trailed his hand upward and caressed your cheek.

You jerked your face away from his hand and glared. If only looks could kill.

"Wipe her. It's been way too long anyway." He stepped away just as a couple of men came forward and each made their way to either side of the bed.

The one on the right placed a cuff on your wrist before removing the leather restraint. Then the man on the left gripped your left wrist hard enough to surely leave another bruise and undid the restraint. Just as he was about to place the cuff on it you jerked your wrist away and drove your elbow as hard as you could into the man's stomach causing him to lean over gripping where you had hit him. As soon as he had leaned over you slammed your fist right into his stupid face.

You yanked your right wrist away from the other man but that only proved useless. What little energy you had was quickly diminishing. Then more men rushed over and began to hold you down as the other cuff was secured.

They pulled you to stand up, the dizziness from the harsh movement rushed to your head making your stomach twist.

"Stupid Bitch." the injured bloodied nosed agent grunted as he went to strike you only to have his wrist caught by Rumlow. He gave the man a look and threw his hand to the side.

The dizziness had become too much causing you to lose your footing and of course, Rumlow had been the one to steady you with a gun pressed into your side.

"Be a good girl for once in your fucking life."

You didn't have the energy to fight him so instead, you spit directly into his face. Which proved almost just as satisfying. The move earned you a hard blow to your face causing a busted lip. You could already taste the warm metallic liquid dripping into your mouth and down your chin. You let out a small laugh as he wiped the spit off of his cheek. You probably looked like a psychopath but you didn't care. You would it again in a heartbeat and more.

"I'm going to enjoy every scream that comes out of that hot little mouth of yours." he growled grabbing your chin roughly before harshly letting it go.

You just gave him a bloody smile as another agent grabbed your other arm and they began to drag you out of the room and through the facility.

It didn't take long before you reached your destination.

The memory suppressing chair.

They shoved you onto the chair quickly locking the metal restraints into place.

"Don't wanna see those pretty teeth ruined." Rumlow unceremoniously snatched your face, forced your mouth open, and placed a mouthguard in.

"You know last I heard was that little boyfriend of yours was up living his best life with the Avengers. Imagine that. Probably hasn't thought about you once since he's been gone."

You tittered and kept your face forward. You weren't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing even a single ounce of fear or hurt. Nor were you going to beg because you knew it wasn't going to change anything. Another thing you learned a long time ago.

Why he kept talking about the Soldier, you didn't know. You cared about him more than you should have. More than you were supposed to, but it wasn't like you loved him. Or did you? You weren't sure. From what you knew you had never experienced love before.

Fuck, you should have disappeared a long time ago. After...oh I don't know, the fifth plus time Pierce backhanded you for questioning your missions. When the guilt of what you had done and were going to do started to keep you up at night. When things stopped feeling like you were doing justice and bringing balance to the world. You were naive. Breathing in Pierce's praise and acknowledgments like a drug. You had begun to see him as a father figure. His words were poison from the start when you were first brought into his fucking office. Staying because you didn't want to think of leaving behind the Winter Soldier.