rainy mornings

REASON #4: RAINY MORNINGS

It was one of those rare rainy mornings where Rukawa woke up by himself, a note was left in the kitchen and it says that his parents already left for work, with cooked food on the table. But, he knew there's something different this morning. Something is strangely different, the fact that he woke up by himself.

That's when he came back to bed picking up his flip phone. There were three messages from a certain someone.

from: y/n
I'm sick and can't go to school today, so I won't be able to wake your sleepy ass. Wake up and eat! Classes are not suspended yet! But it's really raining pretty hard, right?

from: y/n
And also, I already told Ayako-san to tell my adviser about me being sick, so don't bother! (As if you would, just saying still)

He rolled his eyes from the second message. He really won't bother, since when she's not around the school, his main priority is to finish training early and visit her at home, especially he knew how she acts when she's sick, it's an opportunity he wouldn't want to miss.

from: y/n
And hey! Last one, don't bother visiting me! I wouldn't want you being infected! Just go to school and your training, make sure to eat in time! x

Your boyfriend, Rukawa knew you for a long time before the two of you even got together, so he also knew that you're all alone at home now, since your parents are both working out of town, and you were just persistent to convince them to let you go to Shohoku even if that means you will be away from them, and you'll have to live by yourself, because they only got the chance to come home, every end of the week.

He went ahead to school after breakfast, the class is already ongoing when they suspended the classes and work. He was upset about it and went immediately to the gym. Not like Rukawa would want to listen to these lectures at all, but the fact that his 'sleep' at their room was bothered by the alarm, reminding students to go home, made him upset.

And when he arrived at the gym, even practice is canceled.

"No practice for you today, boy!" Mitsui's voice echoed in the gym while pushing him outside. Sakuragi was already taken care of because of Akagi. He knew it would be better if he just stays at home earlier this morning since this will be most likely to happen. They announce the suspension of classes late, as always.

"Hey, Rukawa-kun! I heard (y/n)'s sick? Are you going to her house?" Ayako, their manager, seems to be one of her girlfriend's close friends. Ayako approached him.

He nodded. "Why?" And asked.

Ayako showed him something, probably some school works, that was still given in their class even though a majority of it, is suspended.

"These are some notes from our class, lend it to her please?" The brunette pleaded with him, it's not like he won't go there anyway.

He just nodded and accepted the notes, earning a tap on his shoulders from Ayako. He put that notes in his duffle bag. When the rain stops pouring heavily for awhile, he lifted his bag, and ran outside the school, at a faster pace to make sure he won't get that wet when he arrived at your place.

"(Y/n)?" Even though he entered your place immediately, taking his shoes off, he called you still, to announce his arrival. When he gets nothing as a reply, he went ahead to your room.

He found you struggling in your sleep, with a hand on your forehead.

"You look like shit." He muttered under his breath, after he dries his hair using a spare towel in his duffle bag, he sat in a small space beside you and removed your hand in your forehead, replacing it with his. Practically checking your temperature.

"You're hot," he says. His big and calloused hand still covering your forehead.

"I know." You let out an agonizing chuckle, removing his hand, Rukawa's brows furrowed. Despite being playful, the pain is still visible in your face. Migraine in the morning isn't easy to handle after all.

"What are you doing here? I told you to stay at home instead, right?"

He pointed to the notes scattered on your desk. Some of them are wet, that's why he scattered them to get them dry, it was the only solution he could resolve to. His hair is damp from being wet because of the rain, and Rukawa still has a towel on top of his head. He never knew how to take care of a sick person, so what would he do now?

It didn't even sink in his mind, that he should prepare what to do while on the way there.

"I can't leave my girl sick and alone," he scoffed.

You laughed softly at that, pushing him a bit from you. "And you can't possibly do anything right now, am I right Kaede?" You asked stifling a giggle, you wouldn't want him to feel embarrassed for it.

"Should I go and buy medicine?" He asked, confused.

You nodded, chuckling. "Get me a paper and a pen please..." you wished.

He's still confused, but then he did. He handed you a piece of paper, probably a blank one from the scattered notes awhile ago, and his pen, the only pen in his bag that isn't really being used, since he never takes down any notes at class after all.

After listing a few things, you handed Rukawa the paper.

"What's this?" He asked.

"The only thing you can do for me," you yawned. "Please go to the nearest convenience store and pharmacy, buy all of that for me. My wallet is on the desk, by the way-"

When he learned his 'task', he didn't waste any second, he didn't even bother to get your wallet. Now, he understands you for what you want him to do. It is one of those rare rainy days, where (y/n) his girlfriend, needs him. He wouldn't want to let an opportunity of taking care of you pass, since you often do things for him all the time.

Another reason for Rukawa's list.