the coffee shop

REASON #3: THE COFFEE SHOP

"Oh! It looks like Mitsui-senpai and the others are here too!" You cooed as you pushed the entrance door of the newly opened coffee shop, as the two of you; Rukawa and (Y/n) walked inside, you guys were immediately greeted by your upperclassmen, Rukawa's teammates to be exact.

"Good morning, Mitsui-senpai! Ryouta-kun!" You placed your bag on one of the seats in a table near Mitsui and Miyagi's.

"Oh? (Y/n) you're here to try out the food too?" Mitsui asked as he eyed Rukawa beside you. "You too, rookie?"

"Yup!" You smiled happily. "We purposely skipped breakfast at home just to try their food here!" You added as a respond to Mitsui's question.

"You still sleepy?" You asked Rukawa, you saw him struggled to keep his posture, he just nod and yawn, he gave up, having an arm placed in the table and leaning into it.

The two of you purposely didn't eat something for breakfast today, just to try the food in this newly open shop. But, Rukawa did steal a slice of wheat bread.

The new coffee shop was just outside and near Shohoku, they said it was purposely built there for students, especially athletes who doesn't have enough time to even eat breakfast at home, you figured it's a nice proposal.

You're also the one who ordered the breakfast, Rukawa's not fond of sweets, that's why you chose their original blended coffee, and a slice of pound cake since he doesn't like icings that much. You got the same food you ordered for him.

Waking up this early is torture for Rukawa. He still had his head on the table while his upperclassmen continue to mess with him, and him basically shoving them away. He's impatiently waiting for you, hoping to stop them. But it looks like you're taking so much time in the counter.

"Oi, Rukawa teme! Answer us!" Mitsui has a huge grin in his lips. He leaned and place his hands on the table where Rukawa's head is placed. "How did you manage to get yourself a girlfriend before us!?"

"Oi, Hisashi! Don't talk like you're always around the school before basketball happened! You're simply a rebel kid!" Miyagi on the other hand snickered.

"Shut up! You're not going any farther with Ayako too!"

"Can you guys just leave me alone?" He lazily look up to the two.

"Not if you tell us how you─"

Rukawa stood, now impatient. Placing both hands in the table, which had you caught off guard. He seems done with his upperclassmen's deal, and it's not very nice to mess up with someone who's not a morning person, especially this early.

"My girlfriend likes me too that's why. I like her and she likes me, that's how I got her." He replied, pissed off. Even though it didn't make sense for the two, it did made their asses shut for once. He made his way to the counter.

"Can we just take it out?" He whispered right exactly in your ears.

You immediately turned flustered. Your mind is still fleeting with Rukawa's actions towards his upperclassmen awhile ago. He's... hot.

"(Y/n)."

"R-Right!" You nodded twice, facing the lady at the cashier again. "Uh, can you please make our order for take out?" You asked.

"O-Oh, sure ma'am! Please wait a second." The lady smiled, she was practically flustered too, I mean, it's Rukawa after all. And he really gets that hot when he is seriously mad.

You eyed your boyfriend beside you. "You mad?" You ask letting out a small chuckle.

"They're just annoying that's all." He blurted out, eyes squinting almost closed.

With that you laughed. It's not really advisable to mess up with your boyfriend in the morning, because despite of being an athlete, you sure knew that he's not a morning person. You took note of that.

But, even though he's not, he still agreed to check the place in an earlier time, only for you. Realizing the small things and his small sacrifices, his sleep being sacrifice, matters a lot.

"Here have a bite!"

"It's just the same."

"Mine still taste better, tho!" You argued.

"Okay, maybe you're right." He let out a groan, sipping in his cup of coffee, as he eyed you beside him, smiling happily by the fact that he didn't argue more. Without hesitation, one of his hands flew to your right cheek, he pinched it.

"Ow, w-wait!" You laughed.

"You can be cute sometimes."

"Hey, repeat t-that! What you just said!"

Everything becomes better when it's you.