𝑰𝑰𝑰: 𝑫𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔

Beginne am Anfang

"Where shall we sit?" Tris questioned me and Cristina.

I looked around and spotted an almost-empty table, but sighed when I saw that Four was sitting there. Cristina and Tris heard me and followed where I was looking, and before I knew it, they were pulling me over and setting our trays down.

I, of course, ended up sitting with Tris on my left and Four on my right. I picked up my hamburger with my fork.

"Have you two," Cristina pointed at me and Tris, "never seen a hamburger before?"

"No, we've seen one, we've just never eaten one," Tris explained.

Two boys walked over and sat their stuff down in front of Cristina and Tris before one of them informed us, "In Abnegation you plant food, plant based diet without sauce and minimum seasoning."

"Which textbook did you swallow?" I taunted the boy, who laughed.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Will. Erudite," he introduced himself to me, Tris, and Cristina.

"Of course you are," Cristina spoke. She then turned to me and Tris, "No offense, but I'm surprised Abnegation even eats at all. Too selfish, right? No wonder you two left."

Will raised his eyebrows, "You gotta be pretty self-confident to be friends with a Candor."

Cristina put her fork down, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"You have no filter. You say the first thing that comes into your head," Will sighed as he saw the look on Cristina's face.

"Like you're an idiot," the other boy, who has yet to introduce himself, joked. Tris, Cristina, and Will laughed with the boy, while I just ate my food.

I'm the type of person who gets really freaking angry when I'm hungry, and I was too nervous this morning for the choosing ceremony to even eat breakfast.

"Nice one, Al," Cristina applauded. So Al was the other boy's name, "Well, at least we tell the truth."

"Erudites can tell the truth cause we have the facts," Will argued.

"I don't wanna hear about your old factions. You're Dauntless now," Four scolded us.

"Were you a transfer too or Dauntless born?" I asked him.

He had an incredulous look on his face, "Are you kidding?"

As I responded, "No,"

Tris had said at the same time, "Yes she was." I gave her a look saying 'No I wasn't' and she gave me a look that said 'Yes you were'.

"What makes you think you can talk to me?" Four questioned obviously irritated by me.

"It must be because you're so approachable," I pushed farther.

Four took a drink of his water and I could tell he had a small smile, "Careful." A Dauntless had grabbed Four's attention after.

When I turned back to look at Tris, Cristina, Will, and Al, Cristina spoke first, "You, my friend, have a death wish."

"You know he was first in his class. They tried to recruit him for leadership twice, but he said no," Will informed the group.

"Why do you know all that?" I questioned him, "it's a bit... stalker-ish."

He just rolled his eyes in response when one of the Dauntless leaders, Max, began addressing the crowd, "Initiates, stand. You have chosen to join the warrior faction tasked with the defense of this city and all its inhabitants. We believe in ordinary acts of bravery and the courage that raises one person to stand up for another. Respect that. Do us proud."

The Dauntless crowd cheered as they began carrying the initiates. After that had happened, everyone went back to their sleeping quarters.

𖣔☼᯽☼𖣔

In the morning I was rudely woken from my peaceful sleep with Four yelling, "I want everyone in the Pit. Two minutes." Once I finished I headed down to the Pit with the rest of the transfers. When we got there Four was already there with Eric.

"There are two stages of training. The first is physical, push your bodies to the breaking point and master the methods of combat. The second is mental, again breaking point, you'll face your worst fears and conquer them unless they get you first. You'll be trained separately from the Dauntless born, but you'll be ranked together. After initiations rankings will determine what jobs you move into. Leadership, guarding the fence, or keeping the factions from killing each other," Four informed the initiates.

"The rankings will also determine who gets cut," Eric added onto what Four had said.

"Cut?" Cristina asked the two.

A sinister smile made its way onto Eric's face, "At the end of each stage of training, the lowest ranking initiates will be leaving us."

This time Al asked a question, "To do what?"

"There's no going home to your families, so you'd live factionless," Eric informed us.

"Why didn't we know that?" Will questioned immediately after he had heard what Eric said.

"It's a new rule," was all Eric responded with while Four gave him a side eye that only made Eric's smirk grow.

Cristina scoffed, "A new rule? Somebody should have told us that."

"Why? Would you have chosen differently? Or out of fear? Well if that's the case, you might as well get out now. If you're really one of us it won't matter to you that you might fail. Now you chose us, now we get to choose you," Eric scolded.

With that we started the beginning of training and our new lives.

𖣔☼᯽☼𖣔

Chapter 3. Pretty short chapter. I was hoping to make it longer but I wanted to get it posted.

-A