comments.

all right, listen. comments on my work are my pride and joy. they let me know that people are actually paying attention to and loving my writing. every time I get a comment notification it makes me happy because I get to find out what people have to say. however, there have been comments that have made me uncomfortable and/or don't want people to point out anymore. yes, I understand that constructive criticism is a thing. but when it gets to the point of saying that it's embarrassing that I wrote what I wrote, it kind of tears me down.

I was inspired by seeing another account post about these on her message board, and many of the things she said I could relate to. so here's a list of things I don't want to happen anymore.

1. comments saying "update." this hasn't happened in a while. it mostly appeared when I was writing just for a moment, but it clearly states in the description of every book I'm currently working on what day I was updating. telling me to update won't make me get out the chapter any faster. it only makes me feel rushed.

2. comments about disagreeing with my faceclaims. this has happened a lot in electric love. people have left comments saying "no" or basically just not agreeing with the fact I chose luke mitchell to play jason grace. well, guess what. it's a fanfiction. you can imagine whoever you'd like as jason, but basically telling me the person I imagine as jason is wrong won't fly.

3. and the ones that annoy me the most, the comments saying my writing is embarrassing. this has come up a lot in my book midnight. I wrote that billy, when under control of the mind flayer, shakes mackenzie around when she takes max's place when they try to trap him in the sauna. people have said it's embarrassing, but I'm sure if you were in that situation in the locker room with billy literally flinging you around you would've been absolutely fucking scared out of your mind just like kenz was. I've gotten at least five million comments saying that it's embarrassing. if one person says it it's fine, but the fact that multiple people have had to bring it up too is honestly so excessive. this has also come up when kenzie kisses will on the cheek for discovering they have to go see mrs. driscoll. she did it because she's proud of him for making that discovery. it's a cute moment between the two, and frankly, kenzie doesn't give a fuck about showing her affection for will in front of her friends. so please refrain from saying it's embarrassing. mhm yeah I know secondhand embarrassment is a thing but this is taking it too far. it's my work and you aren't mackenzie tate. just because she does something you wouldn't do doesn't make it embarrassing, thank you very much.

4. referring to the oc as "yourself" or "we." once again, it is primarily in midnight. I've gotten comments saying "go us" or "why did we say that." no. you are not my original character. this isn't a self insert or an x reader book. my oc is my oc. replacing yourself for them isn't how the story is supposed to go. they make choices that they want, not what you want.

so yeah. these are my stories and I can see every comment you make. don't forget that I have feelings too. frankly, if you don't agree with something that I wrote, you don't have to announce it in a way like these comments. please be considerate and respectful.

xoxo, kelly