Style

FRIENDS!!! This is my first time writing a one shots book, and this type, so bare with me. I realized after I wrote this that it should probably be two parts, so it's kinda long. xoxo

"It was great to see you, Tyler" Mitch said, nearly drunk, as he gave Tyler a small hug as he left from game night. He was, like usual, the last one to leave, which usually happened around midnight and one in the morning.

"Anytime. Feel free to call me if you need anything" He replied, closing the door quietly behind him.

The lights hurt Mitch's head as he opened his car door and slid into the driver seat. He took several seconds, assessing how drunk he really was and telling himself to drive carefully, while sliding the key into the ignition.

It wouldn't start. The car wouldn't fucking start. He cursed himself for not stopping to put gas in it on the way here, slamming his fists on the steering wheel. Slowly, he got back out of the car and made his way up to Tyler's doorstep, knocking lightly.

"I thought you left?" Tyler asked confused, as he opened the door back up.

"Ya I was planning on leaving, but I'm out of gas. Can I come in and call someone to come get me?"

"Absolutely. I can drive you home if you want." he said, motioning Mitch inside.

"Im fine. Thanks though" Mitch scrolled through his contacts, finding the one he had nicknamed "James Dean" and dialed. Seconds later, the other line answered. "Uhh, hey. It's me, Mitch"

"I know who it is, I have caller ID you dip-shit. Why are you calling me at midnight?"

"My car ran out of gas and i'm at Tyler's. Could you pick me up and drive me home, or bring me a can of gas, please Scott?" he pleaded. He heard a chuckle on the other end.

"Are you using me?" Scott joked, getting out of bed and throwing on some clothes. He switched which hand was holding the phone, sliding on his white shirt and leather jacket.

"Only in the best ways possible. So you'll help me?"

"Be there in 10. How shitfaced are you?"

"Ok ok, I had one, maybe two, drinks too many. See you soon" With that, he hung up, as Tyler slid him a glass of water across the kitchen counter.

"Who'd you call?" he questioned

"Scott" he said flatly

"But, I thought you two broke up?"

"We did, but we're still... friends" Mitch said, trying to find the right word to describe them

"Honey, I hate to say it but nobody, no matter how hard they insist, stays friends with their ex. Are you guys trying to get back together or something?"

"No, we actually haven't talked in a while. It's complicated"

"Ok if you don't want to talk then i'm going to bed" Tyler warned, hoping to coax what they actually were, out of him. But, Mitch stayed quiet as Tyler sauntered up the carpeted stairs and closed his bedroom door.

Mitch stayed on the kitchen stool, nursing his glass of water quietly and scrolling through his seemingly endless mentions on Twitter. He impatiently bounced his foot, wishing he had picked a more reliable ride. Then it hit him. Why the hell hadn't he just accepted Tyler's offer to drive him home?

"God dammit" he cursed himself, for the second time in the past five minutes. Ok, maybe having Tyler drive him home was rude, or maybe he was just bombed and lonely. Second option seemed more likely in his own mind, but his thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Grabbing his Celine bag, he wandered to the door, praying that he wouldn't trip or embarrass himself, and opened it.