1.0 First Day Back

First Day Back

"Lydia!" Kaiden exclaimed as he rushed around to get ready. It was their first day of school and as usual, he had to impress Lydia Martin, his best friend. He had been on the phone with her, telling her about the events that occurred in the woods the night before, not leaving out the incredibly hot guy that helped him up. Lydia, being Lydia, decided to tease Kaiden about his new 'boy toy.'

"He's not a boy toy, okay?" The blue eyed beauty told the strawberry blonde. "I don't even know the dude."

Kaiden could practically sense Lydia rolling her eyes, while twisting a lock of her strawberry blonde hair. "It's like that Nicki Minaj song. Boy toy named Troy used to live in Detroit..."

Kaiden immediately stopped Lydia, causing her to laugh. "Okay, since when did you listen to Nicki?" He asked her as he wore his combat boots, throwing on a leather jacket. "It's definitely not your style of music."

"I just heard it on the radio once. Anyway, are you ready? I don't want to be late."

Kaiden nodded, before mentally face palming. Lydia couldn't see him. "Yeah, I'm coming." Then he hung up, hearing another voice in the background, rushing out to his car. He briefly saw Scott on a green Motorcycle, with out a second to spare and determined look on his face, quickly speeding off.

He'd picked up Lydia in his car, only to arrive at school with in minutes. As he parked up, they noticed two silver motorbikes, gleaming in the sunlight. When exiting the car Lydia smiled, one of those stunning smiles, leaning in to whisper, "remember, smile; look important."

The pair strode down the corridor, with each step gaining more confidence, each step gaining the attention of another, with each step looking powerful, making everyone's confidence deteriorate. Lydia, flicking her hair, walked straight up to Allison, at their lockers. The corridors were full, people walking around in all different directions. Lydia fell back on her locker, leaning on it, "freshman, tones and tones of fresh- men," Lydia spoke teasingly, separating the last word in two.

"You mean fresh-boys, Lydia they're 14!" Allison exclaimed.

"Well," Kaiden added in, "Some can be, more mature."

Allison went on to talk about being single, focusing on theirselves, and working on becoming a better person, and in response Lydia and Kaiden cackled, where Kaiden added a "awh bless you," and Lydia stated how she just wanted a distraction.

In that moment, instantaneously, every students head swivelled round to check out the newest sighting. "Brothers?" Allison inquired.

"Twins." Lydia spoke with a smirk.

Kaidens blood ran cold, how could he forget that face, the innocent look but the determination in those gorgeous warm eyes which Kaiden was capable of getting lost in for centuries. Kaiden didn't know if he was aware, but Kaiden had heard exactly what he has mumbled before. This was Ethan and his brother.

"Hey, Lydia."

"What? Can't you see I'm enjoying the view?"

"That's him."

"The boy toy?"

Kaiden wore an annoyed expression, "No. Well yes. Don't call him that!"

"So it is him?"

"Yes"

"Well this just got interesting."

Kaiden was secretly wishing that Ethan would walk in, giving him that beautifully cheeky grin that had Kaiden totally falling from him. As Kaiden sat in his seat beside his best friend, he noticed how his phone was buzzing, and picked it up straight away. The clicking of heels could be heard throughout the room, followed by the voice of a women.

"The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds, and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flowed sombre under an overcast sky seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness." The feminine voice belonged to his English teacher. "This is the last line to the first book we're going to read. It's also the last text you will receive in this class. Phones off, everyone." She spoke with a smile on her face, earning a response of sighs and annoyed faces from her students. Kaiden, although with the annoyance of the crowd, he switched of his and stared out the window. English was not exactly Kaiden's favourite lesson.

Through Kaiden's boredom, he still noticed Scott being pulled out of class, and there would only be one reason for Scott leaving - their mother had called for him. Kaiden knew that something had been going on with Scott for a while, him and Stiles had become distant from him, although he was a bit younger, the three had always been best friends and now it was like their was something separating them. Kaiden knew they weren't telling him something, but he had been trying to give them time to tell him what was happening themselves. Kaiden was running out of patience, however, he had to find out exactly what the two had been keeping from him.

And with that thought, a bird flew into the window. Kaiden's eyes automatically caught with Lydia's, he could sense the panic.

The room had been filled with screams, each one piercingly high, each like a dagger the heart. Kaiden couldn't bare to hear everyone in such fear, in full panic. The worse part was one of those screams belonged to Lydia. Kaiden blocked out everyone, everything was a complete haze; he was mildly aware of voices screaming, 'get down!' and birds, birds flying in different direction, Kaiden got a look in one of those things eyes, it was crazed, demonic, but the only thing on his mind was protecting Lydia, she was cowering by Stiles, only a short distance away. Kaiden, in full panic now, threw himself forward, using his body as a shield. He cared about Lydia more than himself sometimes, she brought out all the best parts of him.

Kaiden opened his eyes to find that the panic was over; the birds had stopped flying threw the windows. The classroom was a state, broken glass littered the floor along with feathers, and spots of blood. Kaiden ripped a feather from his hair and pulled a few from Lydia's, giving her a supportive smile. He glanced at Stiles, who had a terrified look on his face, but smiled him too, he was his best friend after all.

When the commotion was over, they we being rushed out of the room, and guided towards leaving the school. It was then that Kaiden rushed over to Stiles. "Can I catch a ride with you? You're going to see Scott right?'"

"Kai, I gotta run. Catch you later.'"

Kaiden knew something was up. He had given Scott enough time, now he was determined to find out what.

A/N: Hey guys! So it's been a while since we last updated, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I really love Kaiden's character and I hope you feel the same way.  :)