Stuck In Between

I sat in my in home office getting ready for my secret trip that even my dad didn't know about. Peter was the only one that actually knew what I was doing. I had called Steve and said I needed to talk some things out. He had agreed but gave me a meeting place and I was heading there. I was pulled from my thoughts when my dad came in the room yelling.

Tony:" Come on Mia we gotta go fix your boyfriends screw up."

Me:" What are you talking about?"

Tony:" No time for explanations. Grab the suit, let's go."

I hoped in my suit and opened the balcony doors to fly out of. I was right behind my dad as we made it to the ferry that was splitting down the middle. He landed next to the window Peter was in and looked at him.

Tony:" Hi Spiderman, band practice was it?"

I huffed as I helped my dad push the boat back together and weld the metal back together. Life boats started showing up and my dad ordered me to stay here and help get people back to shore. I huffed as Peter looked defeated in every way.

Me:" Pete I'm not mad."

He just looked back to my dad and he took him to shore. I knew my dad was pissed and probably having a conversation about this. I picked up a little girl and her mom.

Girl:" What's your name?"

I looked at her and smiled inside my helmet.

Me:" They call me Nova but you can call me Mia. Is that my action figure?"

She nodded.

Girl:" My name is Nessa and you are my favorite hero. I wanna be just like you when I grow up."

Me:" Well Nessa, here's some advice. With great power comes great responsibility."

I set them down on a life boat gently and went to scan the ferry to make sure no one was left. I flew to my dad's location where he was taking Peter's suit.

Me:" What the hell?"

Tony:" Mia don't start, go home."

I stepped out of my suit and faced him.

Me:" I'm not a kid anymore dad."

Tony:" No but you are my kid."

I looked at Peter that looked so distraught.

Me:" I can't do this. Pete come on I'll drop you off down your street. I'm leaving for my trip early."

I jumped back in my suit and held onto Peter. I got to an alley down the street from his building and undid my helmet.

Me:" You haven't said anything to me."

Peter:" I'm just upset."

Me:" I'll just give you some space I guess."

I started to turn and had Sam pull my helmet back around my face. 

Peter:" Mia I'm sorry be safe okay?"

Me:" Always, have a good homecoming Pete."

I blasted off and landed on the landing pad. The suit released me and started going back into the building. I had called Remy on the way here and told him to have the chopper out here as soon as possible. I made it into my bedroom that was already packed.

Tony:" Where do you think you're going?"

Me:" Like I already told you I'm going on my trip early. I need some space."

Tony:" Don't make me reground you Mia."

I slammed my bag shut and pushed the now rolling case to the door.

Me:" I'm not arguing with you about this. I just need a second dad."

The tears started falling down my cheeks and I looked at him as he came to put his hands on my shoulder.

Me:" I feel stuck between you two. I just want a small vacation only for a few days."

Tony:" Okay but send me or Pepper updates okay?"

I smiled and hugged him.

Me:" Of course."

I stepped out of the hug and headed to the helipad where Remy was waiting. I threw my bag on board and then hopped in myself.

Remy:" Where to Mia?"

Me:" Paris."

He nodded and took off. I watched as my dad disappeared from my sight. Soon enough I would see my friends. Nat had to disappear and our training had stopped. She was wanted like the other Avengers. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the head rest. All my thoughts for these past few months flooding my brain.