*"You don't know how to look bad, Mrs Fariha Zafar."
"How do I express your beauty, my mouth gets tired praising you. Shall I tell you a secret that I have hidden from the world: I feel, my life, that God has taken His time creating you [compliment to someone's beauty]."

"Aisi baatein karte rahain ge tu main kahoon gi ke main aur aap thodi dair se chalte hain." I smiled, mischievously.

*"If you keep talking like that, I'll say that you and I should go later."

"Then I probably shouldn't stop." He was standing so close to me now that it was almost scandalous. 

"Dulhan ke Bhai Sahab, time nahin hai hamare paas." I lightly shoved him back, grinning. 

*"Brother of the bride, we don't have time." 

He leaned forward and kissed my cheek under the streetlight. My eyes widened in surprise and a small gasp escaped my mouth. My dhokaybaaz dil started jumping in excitement.

*Dhokaybaaz dil: traitor heart.

"Allah! Zafar!" I was playing with my dupatta, nervously. I turned and headed up to the gate and knocked on it, my bangles jangling in my wrist.

He came up right behind me and put his hand on my waist.

"Zafar, kya ho gaya hai aap ko?" I was continuously blushing.

*"Zafar, what has happened to you?"

"Aap ko dekh kar mera dil deewana sa ho jata hai." He leaned down and kissed me just beneath my ear.

*"When I see you, my heart goes crazy."

The gate opened then and I was surprised to see Omar was the one who had opened it. "Omar, why are you opening the gate?" My wifely mood was replaced by my maternal protectiveness.

"I heard your voice." He shrugged. "I know not to open the gate otherwise, Mamma. Trust me a little."

"Sorry, baby." I put my hands on his shoulders and looked at him in his white shalwar kameez and a brown waist coat, a similar colour to Zafar's kurta. He and Saad had matching outfits, reserved for the nephews of the bride. If Zaid had been old enough, he would be wearing it too. "Ma Sha Allah, Mamma ka shehzada." I kissed his forehead and smoothed down his hair.

*"Mamma's prince."

"Mamma, you're ruining my hairstyle!" He looked embarrassed. 

"Allah! Hairstyle banane ki age pe agaye ho aap?" I kissed his cheek, unable to resist myself.

*"Are you old enough to start doing hairstyles now?"

"Ma Sha Allah, bada ho gaya hai hamara beta, Fari." Zafar smiled. 

*"Ma Sha Allah, our son has grown up, Fari."

"Me too!" Saad came running out. 

"Aww, my baby." I kissed him on the cheeks now, and even he started squirming.

"Mamma! I'm not a baby!" Saad wiped his cheeks with his sleeves.

"Yeh din dekhne ke liye Maa Baap bada karte hain apni aulaad ko!" I shook my head.

*"Parents raise their kids to see this day!" 

"Okay, we better get going." Zafar suddenly realised the time, causing me to roll my eyes. He headed into get his parents.

"Is Dua Phupho going to leave us tonight?" Saad asked, sadly.

"Tomorrow. But be happy for her as she's about to start a new chapter in her life." I told him. "In Sha Allah."