Emotions

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Jasmina

"For once, control your son!" I snapped at Fariha, making everyone stare at us, after Saad popped a balloon in front of Hania, making her cry.

I had snapped after all the incidents involving Hania and Saad. First, he left her on the street alone, then he said a horrible thing that 'she didn't die!', and now this. How was I not suppose to feel resentment? I know he was a kid, but he was seven, not three! 

"I'm sorry, Bhabi..." Fariha began. 

My mother came to my side and grabbed my arm, quietly saying, "Jasmina, what is this behaviour?"

"I didn't mean to scare her. I thought she would like it." Saad told me, his eyes wide. 

"Jazzy, beta, look, Hani's fine." Arhaan Bhai told me, as he held my daughter, who was now tugging at her older Mamu's beard. Even though Bhai's beard is quite trimmed, Hania seemed to want to try and pull at it, and Bhai was happy to ler her do so.

"Fariha, beta, I'm sorry on Jasmina's behalf." My Ammi told my Nand. "She's a mother and she got anxious seeing Hania cry." 

"No, Ammi. I should apologise myself." I didn't want a Sadia-Jasmina repeat with me and Fariha. Fariha meant too much to me. "I'm sorry, Fariha. You're a brilliant mother, and you have done an excellent job raising the boys, even before Zafar Bhai entered your life." 

Fariha smiled at me, looking relieved.

But as everybody went back to enjoying the party, Zafar Bhai approached me as I sat on my own, worn out already. "Bhabi, listen, I understand your concerns." He spoke quietly as he took a seat opposite me. "But as you can imagine, the kids have been through a lot, and it will take some time to get them on the right path. We're working on it." 

"I know." I sighed. "But when it comes to Hania, I'm very overprotective. I don't want her getting hurt in all of this." 

"Hania means the world to Fariha as well." He said. "And if her children to something wrong against Hania, Fariha will be the first one to stop them, and you know it."

I nodded.

As I glanced around the room, I saw Sadia Bhabi looking our way, eyebrows furrowed slightly. What the heck is her problem?

"You and Fariha are doing an amazing job with the kids." I turned back to Zafar Bhai, ignoring Sadia Bhabi because I didn't have the patience for her dramas anywhere. "Ma Sha Allah. I'm sorry if my words made you both feel otherwise. I just snapped." 

"I understand. I'm a parent now as well, so I understand your fear very well." He nodded.

We chatted for a while, because why not? We were practically family, being married to the Ali siblings.

****

Fariha

"Doesn't that bother you?" Sadia Bhabi asked me, as I rocked Zaid in my arms.