As the elder, and only, Bhabi of the bride, I wanted a special outfit as well

As the elder, and only, Bhabi of the bride, I wanted a special outfit as well. I was excited about the first wedding in my Sasural.

I wore a long turmeric yellow maxi dress, with a similar yellow and pink lehenga, and a pink patterned dupatta.

"Wear something yellow

"Wear something yellow." Zafar had cheekily suggested. I put my hair up in an up-do as well, and I chose to wear gajray, as a special surprise for my husband, who had almost worked himself to the ground, organising this wedding.

I couldn't wait for him to see me like this. I automatically smiled thinking about it, even as I reassured Dua.

Ahad and Zafar had both chosen brown kurtas for the mehendi, representing the brother/honorary brother of the bride.

"Okay, Zoya," I turned to my friend. "I'm going home. Zafar is at the hall at the moment, and I need to go home and get the boys ready. Zafar will pick his parents up shortly, and my boys and I will go with my parents. Will you please be here for the twins?" 

"You don't even have to ask! Go!" Zoya said. "Ahad will pick us up later, and we'll go straight to the hall." 

I had driven here because I knew that I would have to leave earlier for my sons. It felt strange to drive all dressed up and I couldn't stop smiling at how weird I would be looking.

When I arrived home, Zafar was just getting out of a rickshaw, dressed up in brown kurta and white trousers. He would now be taking the car to the hall, with his parents. 

He froze in his tracks as he saw me, outside our home. "Kyun kaatilana hamla karte ho dil pe hamare? Na karo yeh sitam, hum to pehle hi hain deewane tumhare. Ma Sha Alla!" 

*"Why do you fatally attack my heart? Do not do this injustice, I'm already crazy about you." - a StarsandMoon1447 original :D

I smiled shyly as he approached me. "Kaisi lag rahi hoon main?"

*"How do I look?" 

"Aap ko to bura lagna aata hi nahin, Mrs Fariha Zafar." He whispered. "Aapki khoobsurati main kaise karoon bayan, tareef karte karte thak jaye gi zubaan. Ek raaz main kahoon, jo maine duniya se chupaya hai: mujhe lagta hai, meri jaan, Rab ne aapko badi fursat se banaya hai.