quindici; WHERE THE HECKING HECK ARE YOU

"I'm bored."

"Oh, are you?"

"Did I fucking stutter?

"Forget I asked..."

Amaro sighed for what he felt was the thousandth time ever since you woke up. You were still very much trapped inside the bubble, very much just vibing as you were as annoying as possible. You were still in the same room in which you've woken up a few hours ago.

The room was plain, painted a cold gray, bare of anything else besides the the folding chair Amaro sat on, his eyes never leaving you. A door in the same color as the walls was behind right behind him, as if taunting you.

Your chances of escaping were about as low as the chances of Julien ever engaging in sexual intercourse, which, for reference, he is asexual.

"I know that this is your job and everything, but can't you like, rebel against your boss or something? They seems like a dick. Seriously, who kidnaps people and doesn't even have the basic decently to have a snack bar?! Or at least some orange juice... maybe just fruit? Is it too much to ask? A nice plate of cut-up fruit while I'm waiting here?"

"You're awfully accepting of this entire situation." His voice was far from pleasant or melodic, but still held emotion in his words.

"Yeah, you get like that when you realize just how little in life you have control over. And oh, I get kidnapped a lot. I also love oversharing."

"I've had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of it, yes."

"You know, you're not so bad when you're not actively trying to knock me unconscious. I could forgive you if you got me some really good fries or gelato. "

He chuckled dryly, shaking his head in disbelief. "Stop with the jokes already, I'm not freeing you from here."

"I'm not joking! Ugh, why does no one ever take me seriously... Like, okay, pretty much everyone has tried to kill me at some point, that doesn't mean I can't be friends with them!"

He gave you a side glance laced with confusion, as the bubble you were trapped in shrunk in size, giving you a little less space to lay down, making you shriek in response.

"Just be quiet for now."

Before, he had a good façade, not giving away any of his emotions, but you saw his mask crack the tiniest bit with this outburst. You were curious about his past, who he was working for and what it had to do with you and your family, even more as he was a descendant of the Zeppeli family.

So you kept quiet for the rest of the day, laying in wait.

Hours and hours passed, as your funky prison kept hoovering above ground. You were pretty sure you even took a nap at some point. Amaro would sometimes send text messages on his phone - which was by no means as cool as yours - and after even more time a knock was heard on the other side of the door, which immediately made you shoot up in excitement.

"Finally! Stuff is happening!"

Amaro shook his head in disapproval as he unlocked the door and stepped out. You waited to see if the person he was talking to was gonna enter, although it seemed like they had an awful lot to catch up on.

An older woman around her 50's sharply entered the room. Her heels clicked against the hardwood floor with every step she took towards you, her hips swaying along, making her knee-length dress accentuate her figure. With her hands behind her back, she held her chin high as she looked at you, sitting criss-crossed with your head in your hand, elbow against one of your knees.