She Wolf

I stood in front of apartment 2b trying to decide to go in or not. I needed to go inside, but I did not want to walk into my dad and his girlfriend getting steamy on the couch. I made my decision and quickly open the door, running inside and made my way to my room, covering my ears and pretending I can't hear what they're doing.
I love my dad, but I don't love his girlfriend, but as long as he's happy, I'm fine with it. I won't live with him forever, and he needs someone. He wasn't the same after mom died, but the girl he's with on the couch makes him feel better.
As soon as I got into my room, I sat down my bag and collapsed onto my bed.
Remember, I thought to myself, if dad is happy, then you should be happy.
"Sweetheart," I heard my dad call. "I have to leave for a little bit. Will you be okay if I go?"
"Yeah," I replied.
I then heard my dad start talking to his girlfriend.
"I'll be back in a little bit, okay. You can stay here with my daughter. You can have some bonding time!" he said.
No. He's leaving me with her. Don't get me wrong, she's a nice person, there was just something about her that I didn't like.
"Sounds like so much fun!" she said. "I can't wait to get to know her."
I can almost hear my dads smile. I'm sure he was standing there with a smile so big his face looked like it had been split in two.
"Well then," he replied. "I'll be off. Have fun!"
As soon as I heard the door close, I peeked out of my room. She was just staring down the hallway to room. We both stood there for a little bit, my head poking out of my room, before she turned around and headed for the kitchen.
I closed the door to my room and sat back down on my bed. If she didn't want to get to know me, then I wouldn't bother. Anyways, I don't completely trust her.
At supper time, I walked out of my room, through the living room, and wen into the kitchen. My dad and his girlfriend were in there. They were laughing and feeding each other, an honestly, it was disgusting, but I didn't say anything.
He's happy, I thought to myself, don't ruin it for him.
Later that night, they went out on a date. I decided to follow them. There had been something slightly off about my dad, and I wanted to know what it was.
I followed them to a park, where they walked around for a bit an did other boring date-like stuff. Everything was in order except for the way my da was acting.
Suddenly, my dad kneels down on one knee and pulls out a ring.
"Will you marry me?" he asked her.
"Oh honey. Look, your a great guy, and I love you. I would love to get married, but the thing is, I don't like kids. I don't know how I would handle it if we go married an your daughter was still around."
I watched as my dad stood there, silently. He was going to stand up for me, right? He was going to tell her that he wasn't going to leave me, right? Well I thought wrong.
"That's okay," my dad finally said after a while. "We'll get married, and we can leave my daughter behind."
I didn't know what to do. I watched as she pounced onto him and held him in a hug. I quickly turned around and ran home, tears welling in my eyes. He loved her more than he loved me.
I was already in my too when they got back. They burst into my room and told me the good news. I pretended to be happy for them.
I tuned out what they were saying until I heard my dad say the one thing I didn't want him to say: "You are going to have to leave."
"What?!" I asked him.
"You have to leave. We don't want kids. I need you out by tomorrow morning?"
I stood there, speechless. I knew it was coming, but it hurt so much more to hear him say it to my face.
They left and I quickly packed up. I got out of that stupid apartment as fast as I could. I called up my best friend.
"Hey!" he said.
"Hey," I replied, trying to keep the tear from falling.
"What's up? You sound upset?"
"I got kicked out."
"What?"
"My dad and his girlfriend are getting married, but she doesn't was kids. I don't know what to do."
"That's terrible! Where are you at? I'll come get you."
I told him where I was at and then sat down on the ground, finally letting the tears out. I can't compete with her. My dad loves her, not me.
"Why does he even see in her," my friend asked me after he found me. We were both sitting on the pavement. When he had found me, he had pulled me into a hug and let me cry.
"You know, you can come stay at my house," he said. "I would hate it if you lived in your own."
"Okay," I replied.
He smiled and helped me up off the ground. I gave him a small smile back and we walked to his house.