𝘾𝙝 4: 𝙍𝙚𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙧 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚?

𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙢
20 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

The sun slowly peeked from behind the thick black clouds which had just bathed the buildings, trees and the unlucky souls wandering on the streets.
The birds streched their wet wings as the trees still danced to the rhythm of the cold breeze.

The wide roads shone clean as the huge mansions stood strong, unaffected by the heavy downpour and the people there resumed their daily activities, whereas the narrow roads resembled small ponds as the Adam's ale¹ stood their to the knee level making it difficult for the people to take a step out of their doors.

Huffed breaths, frustrated screams and angered speech echoed in there as the people tried hard to put out the water that had entered into their dwell, uninvited. Everyone seemed busy trying hard to clean their messed up place, but only that house standing at the corner of the road seemed unbothered by the chaos.

*pit pat*

The tiny droplets greeted their mates in the small puddle that they had created at the corner of that house. The curtains blocked the sun's rays from sneaking in but the wind took a chance and succeeded. The small bed in the middle of the hall carried a petite figure that was wrapped tight in the blanket.

"Ah! It's soo cold. " The soft tiny voice of a young man floated from below the blanket as the person lying there pulled the blanket closer to his body to not let the coldness cuddle him. He slowly turned around and laid flat on the bed as the blanket gradually moved down revealing the beauty beneath it.

Perfectly curved brows, long black lashes, crystal clear skin, plumpy lips with a small mole beside it. He was a divine beauty that was no match to any human description. He slowly opened his eyes and the dazzling black orbs shone bright even in the darkness.

"Xiao Zhan gege " A lady's voice knocked through the windows.
"Do you want any help? I can clean up the place for you. "

Xiao Zhan. A charming guy in his 20s. A beautifully handsome man who is loved by all. Just a small curve of his lips is sufficient to make anyone fall into the pit called love.

A dazzling smile which has too many secrets behind it.

Zhan slowly lifted his head and looked at the window.
"No thanks. " He yelled softly.

"Let me help you. Please. " The pleading voice of the woman outside echoed in the house.

Zhan just laid flat on the bed staring at the blank ceiling not bothering to reply any further. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his body as he slowly sat up on the bed.

*pit pat*

The sound of the droplets attracted his ears and he slowly turned around in the direction of the sound. His eyes widened and his lips gaped.

"What the hell has happened here? " He yelled as he ran towards the corner where the droplets were enjoying their musical *pit pat* chorus. He stood there and looked at the mess the house had been.
"Ah! " He heaved. "It's going to be hectic. "

He stretched his body again before bringing the mop and a bucket to clean up the place. Zhan was quite used to this kind of mess as it wasn't anything new to him since he stayed in that dilapidated house for pretty long.

"Maybe I should've accepted her help. " He shook his head as the mop in his hand made a to and fro motion on the floor below.

*ding dong*

The irksome sound of the doorbell that occasionally worked reverberated in that small house.

Zhan closed his ears at the displeasant sound that the bell made. "I should get this fixed before it makes my ears bleed. "
He said putting the mop aside. "Guess it's that lady again. How many times should I tell her that I need no help! "