"What sort of charms?" I ask.

"A ying-yang, a heart and a cherry blossom flower." Nobara answers.

"And you questioned me on the ying-yang." I sigh.

"What? I didn't think you were going to buy something that matched mine!" Nobara counters.

"And I didn't think you were going to buy something that matched mine!" I counter back.

"Did you get a cake?" Nobara asks.

"Way to change the topic. And yes. A (favourite flavoured) one." I reply.

"Why that flavour?" Nobara asks.

"Again with the questions? Because that's her favourite flavour." I reply.

"I feel like you know her more than I do sometimes." Nobara says.

"That's because I spent a lot of time with her. When I disappeared for 2 months she came to see me everyday. Even went on a mission with me. She's the only one who has a leash on Sukuna." I say.

"I didn't even know that. Wait, are you actually planning on asking her out? Have you thought of what to say?" Nobara asks me.

"Yeah! It'll be a perfect day for her. It has to be. She hasn't gone any family to celebrate this occasion with. Well, minus the other surprise I managed to organise." I say.

"You organised something else?" Nobara asks.

"Yeah. Remember when I said I needed to ask sensei something?" I ask.

"Yeah." Nobara says as if to tell me to continue.

"I went to see if he could find any family that she had left. He went looking and found her brother had a wife. So managed to get her to write to Y/N to let her know what she missed out on when her brother was away in Kyoto." I explain.

"That's actually a nice sentiment. Do you think she'll like it?" Nobara says.

"I hope so. She did say she hadn't looked before because she didn't have the time. So I kind of did it for her." I say.

"Understandable." Nobara says.

"I never even asked her if she was okay after her brother died. I never said anything, but I guess she didn't want to talk about it." Nobara adds.

"Me either. And I was there when she found out. She had already lost her mother and father. Then she thought she lost me. Then her brother? It must've been so much for her to handle. I mean, she grew up in a shrine. I'm sure she never even saw her parents. When I got Gojo-sensei to reach out to her aunt, I asked him if he could ask her if she had pictures in the house of her parents." I say.

"I think it would've been best to not say anything. A person needs time to mourn." Nobara says.

"Mhm. She most likely has a small shrine offering for her brother in her dorm room. But I never asked if she did." I say.

"It's probably best you didn't." Nobara says.

"Yeah. But I don't want to make her cry tomorrow." I say.

"You asking her out is probably going to make her cry. But not in a bad way. Also, why did you leave it until now to ask her out? We've all known each other a while." Nobara asks.

"Because I felt now would be the right time. I didn't want to do it too soon since I might've gotten turned down and I didn't want to pressure her into anything. And now, at this moment, we don't have any worries. And it's her birthday. So what better time?" I reply.

"You know she could still reject you, right?" Nobara says.

"It's worth a shot!" I say.

"You can be too enthusiastic at times." Nobara says.

"Hey!" I say.

"What? I'm right. You want to give everyone a just death, but at what risk? Sometimes even your own." Nobara says.

"Ok good point. But still. What's wrong with wanting to give people a just death? You know, I only ate the finger to save Megumi." I counter.

"You did? I didn't even know that." Nobara said.

"Yeah but don't talk about that in front of him." I say.

"Alright, I won't." Nobara says.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go now. See you tomorrow, Yuji." Nobara adds.

"See ya!" I say as Nobara gets up to leave.

I'm just getting closer to the end. Unfortunately, the next chapter is the last. The good news is there will be a sequel but you'll have to bear with me while I write it.