She winced a few times when she tried to turn towards the sun.

Harry and I glanced towards each other. Yea, I couldn't answer her. I have no idea what we're doing but I would love to find out. We both traced our eyes up and down each other's bodies before focusing our attention back on Ryleigh.

"That wasn't an apology." Harry released his jaw and relaxed his voice. He was still annoyed.

"Whatever, that's the best you're gonna get. I don't think I need to apologize." Ryleigh looked over to me and smirked.

"I forgive you." I smiled back at her. I was done playing her mean game, I'm gonna kill her with kindness.

"What?" Ryleigh raised one of her eyebrows and lunged back like I just tried to hit her.

"I forgive you. Don't worry." I nodded towards her and pulled her in for a hug. Ryleigh went stiff.

I looked over to Harry who was biting down so hard on his lip to not die laughing. I winked at him before letting go and watching Ryleigh's priceless face. Her mouth was gaped open.

"What th-"

"I have assignments for both of you." Harry interrupted before she could ruin the very fake wholesome moment.

"Like, individual?" I felt my breath nearly leave my body as he nodded confidently. He was trusting me with going alone? I don't think that's the best idea but, who am I to know myself?

"Yes, alone. It's nothing major. Ryleigh, you're driving to one of our warehouses to pick up something. And Kennedy, you're driving to a gas station where a friend of mine has a box by the dumpsters. Should be labeled Alea. Just get it for me and come back. But whatever you do, don't open the box." Harry narrowed his eyes at me to make sure I knew he was dead serious.

"Sir yes sir." I saluted him before I could stop myself. Ryleigh broke out laughing beside me.

I slowly lowered my hand. Why the fuck did I just do that? Oh lord.

"I'm loving her more and more by the day. HA!" Ryleigh patted me on the shoulder as she lost it.

Harry stared at me blankly like he didn't know how to react. I mean, he could salute me back, that would be the proper thing to do. But instead he just shook his head.

"I don't- Nevermind. Are you armed?" Harry raked his eyes down my body, trying to find any weapons I might have hidden somewhere on me.

"Do I need to be?" I pulled out my pocket knife and flicked it open to show him. He pulled his lips into his mouth.

"Not really, it's just for precautions." Harry started to pat around his body until he pulled out a gun from the back of his pants like it was nothing.

I didn't flinch though, I knew it was there.

"You want it?" Harry gestured towards me. So he was just openly gonna give me a gun.? Huh.

"How do you know if I can even shoot one?" I looked down to the gun between us and back up at Harry.

"Did you forget I know most things about you? Like how your father taught you how to have perfect aim." Harry gestured to the gun again. I really hated that he knew this stuff about me.

"I don't think I'll be needing it, thanks anyways." I pushed the gun towards him. I really didn't want to take it.

"Suit yourself. Now, be careful. Call Ryleigh or me if you're in any danger." Harry tucked his gun away.

Harry handed me a piece of paper instead with the address of the gas station.

"I will. Wish me luck!" I smiled at both of them before turning towards the door to start walking.