09| Making up

Cormac McLaggen

Cormac McLaggen.

At the moment you hated him more than anyone. You hated him more than you hated Draco Malfoy, the boy who constantly called Hermione names and slurs since the moment they met.

Your hatred for him was most likely due to the position you found yourself in. After reluctantly leaving the great hall to go look for Hermione you had no luck, not finding her on the way to the common room or in the actual common room.

You had decided to head back to your friends, deciding that you'd try to talk to the girl later when you heard hushed voices. Curiously you walked around the corner, spotting two figures. As you walked closer you recognized them, it was Cormac and Hermione.

The two seemed to be arguing, the girl trying to walk away as he blocked her path. They hadn't noticed you yet, and you hadn't attempted to make your presence known. That was until the boy forcefully pushed the girl against the wall.

You didn't waste anytime in rushing forward, practically tackling him to the ground. He groaned as his body hit the ground. "Get off me," he said, as he attempted to push you off. Only causing you to grip the front of his shirt tighter and pressing him harder into the ground.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The boy didn't respond, only attempting to push you off again. Successfully doing so this time he quickly pulled himself up, you following to your feet as you pushed him back. "What's your problem?"

"My problem? My problem is that you put your hands on my girlfriend," you scoffed, pushing him back again. "You're girlfriend? Wouldn't have guessed it with the way you haven't spoken in days."

"Put your hands on her again and I swear I'll kill you." He didn't respond only turning to Hermione with a small smirk before beginning to walk backwards, still facing the two of you. "When you're done wasting your time with her, I'll be here Granger."

You lunged at the older boy, only to be held back by Hermione, her arms wrapping around your waist as she attempted to calm you down. "You even look in her direction and you'll regret it, McLaggen," you yelled at his retreating figure, struggling to get out of Hermione's grasp.

"Are you okay?" You asked once the boy was out of sight, you're eyes scanning the girl in worry. "I'm fine," she responded, stepping closer to you as you pulled her into a hug, her face burying into your neck.

"Has he ever done anything before," you asked softly, your jaw clenching at the thought. "No, this was the first time." You let out a small sigh of relief, taking comfort knowing he's never hurt the girl before. "If he ever tries again tell me. I'll sort him out for you."

You felt her nod against you, before pulling away with a small sigh. "I actually was looking for you, wanted to talk," you said, the girl looking back at you in curiosity. "Look, I don't know what that fight was, at the party. And I'm not going to apologize, but I hate not talking to you. So, can we go back to how things were before?"