You sighed, relieved that she promised to keep your identity a secret.

Tanjiro walked over to you two after ordering two bowls of udon. "Her name is Nezuko, she's my little sister." He smiled down at her, patting her head after she grew to normal size.

Your heart squealed at the adorable sight, two babies being babies!

All you understood was her name, so you guessed that he was introducing her.

"Hello, Nezuko!" You gave her baby waves, tucking your elbows in to hold in your joy. If she couldn't get any cuter, she reached out and patted your head, closing her eyes as an effort to make a closed eye smile.

Tanjiro raised a brow, did you know only a little bit of Japanese? That would explain why you look at him funny when he tries to explain things.

Throwing his thoughts to the side, Tanjiro chuckled, "She's very affectionate to others, I hope you don't- gAHH (Y/N)-CHAN! ARE YOU OKAY?" He did a double take when seeing comical tears slide down your cheeks.

"H-How can a single person be so cute?!" You stammered, your voice cracking from crying. You aggressively wiped your tears, forcing a big smile to form on your face. "Nice to meet you, Nezuko! My name is (L/n) (Y/n), but I want you to call me (Y/n)!"

Not like she can talk, but Tanjiro didn't know that you know so you just had to play dumb for now.

Before you could say anything else, the man at the udon stand called out. "Yo! Your udon is READYY!!"

Tanjiro grinned, "Come, (Y/n)! Let's eat together!" He gestured to the porch, tugging Nezuko to sit down on it. You sat down as well, after realizing what he meant, but Tanjiro wouldn't sit down next to you even when you patted the spacious spot beside you.

He shook his head to the point where he resembled a blur, "I do not want to get in your personal space!" He declared confidently, but you just stared up at him in confusion.

Tanjiro felt himself sweatdrop as you simply blinked. Finally you held up an "ok" sign and said, "Nice."

You looked down at the bowl of udon in your hands, it looked absolutely amazing! You had a bowl once, made by your mother when you were a little snot. You were getting into anime and wanted to try out udon after seeing it in a scene. The problem was that you and your mother lived out in the countryside, miles from nearby towns, so you couldn't go out and buy it.

So your mom balled up and made it for you.

Granted, she only knew how to bake and make candies, but it was the thought that counted. Though it was possibly the worst thing you ever put in your mouth, you two did your best to eat it all. She then vowed to never make it again, since you had gotten pretty sick afterwards.

But it was a good memory!

You took a deep inhale of the food, expecting to smell something heavenly. You nearly gagged, your stomach dropping at the action. WHAT THE HELL? You couldn't eat human food now?

NOOOO! Not when you've been waiting for a proper bowl your entire life! Why did life have to do this to you?!

In the midst of your thoughts, the smashing of a bowl grabbed your attention. You snapped back up, spotting the dread coat on Tanjiro's face as he looked over to the city. He ran off, holding his katana as he ran.