"there's a feminist movement starting." dove said, casually.

"tell me more." her mom said, leaning towards the girls.

"excuse me for just one second and i'll show you." dove smiled, getting up from the table and getting a moxie zine from her bag. she handed it to her mom.

"we don't know who wrote it, but it's amazing." lucy added.

"what about your male friend, seth was it?" her mom questioned, as she read through the zine.

"he's fine." dove answered, quickly.

after dinner, lucy got ready to leave.

melissa pulled her aside.

"thank you for helping dove. i know this is strange to say, but since i divorced her father i get so worried about her. i don't get to see her everyday and i hardly even know what's going on with her. it's nice for me to know she has somebody looking out for her. she's so strong, but she has a tendency to let people push her around." she smiled.

"of course miss b, she's made me feel really welcomed." lucy replied.

charlie drove lucy home on the way to their dad's house.

"thank you lucy, you've helped so much more than you know." dove smiled, as her friend got out of the car.

"see you tomorrow dove." lucy smiled.

once they were driving again, charlie looked at her in the mirror.

"you'd tell me if something was going on, right?" he asked.

"what do you mean 'going on'?" she asked.

"if it was something serious, you'd tell me, wouldn't you?" he asked again.

"yeah, i think i would." she answered.

she wasn't exactly lying, in her head it wasn't serious. but it actually was.

when they got to their dad's house, dove went to bed. she was tired and still somewhat upset about the day.

the next day, she got up as usual, got dressed then covered all the marks on her neck left my mitchell, again

then she went for breakfast, she had toast and cranberry juice.