🖤 Yukisada × Reader 🖤 (Thank you)

Start from the beginning

<<I'm so glad you're here, Yuki... we would be doomed without you>>.

<<Haha, stop kidding me. Everyone on this island are fundamental, you included>>.

<<Nah. I've just arrived>>.

<<But you're already part of our family, trust me. Rocma acts all tough, but she does this with everyone>>.

<<She does not trust me, it's understandable>>.

<<Well... I can't read her mind, but I do know that everyone else here already trusts you>>.

A faint smile crossed your lips: <<Yuki, it's not a problem if they don't trust me completely yet, or even if they don't care about me all that much, for that matter. It's normal. Don't worry>>.

He awkwardly scratched the back of his head: <<Yeah, maybe you're right... it's that I want you to feel welcomed>>.

<<I do feel welcomed, Yuki. You always make me feel welcomed>> you said, finally looking him in the eye.

He looked back at you, in silence.

<<Thank you, Yuki. I wish I could properly express my gratitude... I know this is not enough. But, that's the most I can do, for now...>>.

<<Don't even mention it! I... I feel your gratitude. Deeply. I'm serious>> he was quick to say.

<<One day, I'll return the favor>> you answered, smiling.

<<I said you don't need to! I'm only happy to help you out>>.

<<But now I'm obliged to you! I'll pay you back, no matter how>>.

You two laughed softly.

<<Maybe I could craft a new bookcase for you. I'm good at this kind of stuff>> you said.

<<I say, you don't need to worry>>.

**

Some months passed. All in all, your days on the island were peaceful and calm, if a bit repetitive.

However, one night... Yuki and Shiro did not come back home. They went out in the morning to fish. But they didn't come back yet.

You spent those hours with the face deep in your pillow, feeling your heart beating madly out of anxiety and fear.

What happened?

That monster...?

Were they still...?

You tried to keep that chance out of your mind, fighting back the tears.

But it was difficult not to take it into consideration, knowing how violent he could be.

You felt useless. A coward. You wanted to go and look for them, with all your being, but...

Even if you did find them, in the dark of the night, admist the snow storm, what would you do next? What would you do once confronted with that repulsive creature?