𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

Start from the beginning

When she made her way back to the torchlit corridor, Hollis was surprised to see that the boys were all already waiting there.

"Hey, that was faster than I-"

She cut herself off when Remus turned around.

He was wearing a dark red Bee Gee's t-shirt that showed his arms and all of their scars unapologetically, along with a thin copper necklace around his neck. The colours made his eyes look even greener than normal, even more perfect.

"Earth to Hollis Rosier," James said with a grin, snapping his fingers. "We all know Moony is attractive, no need to stare."

Remus's cheeks darkened at this, and neither of them said a word as they simply twined their fingers together and walked behind Sirius.

Who was practically skipping with excitement.

"So, pray tell, where have you been keeping it?" Hollis asked curiously. "A large motorcycle is a rather hard object to hide."

"It actually is easy to hide," Sirius said, turning his neck back to look at her with a mysterious grin as his pace quickened with anticipation. "If you have the right friends."

Remus and she exchanged a nervous glance as the giddy boy started to lead them in the direction of the Black Lake.

"Uhm, Pads, what friends?" Peter asked nervously, now jogging to keep up with the rest of them as they quickly descended the mossy hill leading down to the closest shore. "The mermen?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Sirius scoffed. "Those things would never communicate with me."

Hollis frowned a bit at the way he called the mermen things, sensitive to these deeply engrained, normalized phrases because of Remus's lycanthropy.

That thought was cut off, however, as Sirius transformed into a dog once they got to a more private bend of the lake and started barking furiously at the water as if it was going to take on a life of its own and attack him.

And for a moment, it seemed to.

A wide jet surged upwards with a loud splashing sound, and the water that came with it proceeded to drench the Marauders with a layer of freezing liquid that made them jump back, laugh, and then shiver.

Then, emerging from the white, frothing bubbles, was the giant squid that the students of Hogwarts knew all about, but rarely saw this close up. The creature was truly huge, at least as tall as the Whomping Willow from the part emerging from the water that they could see.

And it had Sirius's motorcycle in one of its tentacles.

The metal and rubber hit the earthy ground with a loud thunk and spray of dirt accompanied by Padfoot shaking off his drenched fur all over his friends before transforming back, only making them more wet.

They all looked at the motorcycle that had appeared in such an unexpected way in front of them in awe for a few seconds before Sirius turned to them with an enthusiastic smile of pride and his hands on his waist.

"All it took was a bit of bribing from Madam Squid, yes she is a she, and a few Anti-Rusting Charms, and here you have it, gentlemen and lady," he beamed. "And a Silencing Charm, but I can take that off once we leave the grounds."

"Damn, Pads," Hollis said, looking at the motorcycle with awe and running her fingers along the black leather seat. "But you got as all soaking."

"Sorry about that," he said sheepishly. "But come on, no time to waste on matters of wet clothing. Peter, you should probably turn into a rat so James can carry you and save room."