"Oh." Sophie could feel Keefe's gaze on her, but refused to look at him.

"Well, you can sleep later. What do you want to do now?" Sophie turned towards him. His head was propped up with one hand . Her look sleepy but the best thing was his hair. It was ruffled and poking out places. She giggled.

"What?"

"Your hair!" She was laughing now. Keefe's eyes widen then he took one of her small blankets and put it around his hair body.

Sophie finished laughing, sad he cover it. It was kinda cute-SHUT UP BRAIN.

"Nooooo take off the blanket." Sophie gave him puppy dog eyes but he looked away.

"Never!"

Sophie heaved a sigh. "Fine, what do you want to do? I don't think many people are up yet."

"Well we could start with you telling me what heard when you were eavesdropping." Sophie hesitated. What did I heard?

"Or you could confess your undying love for me." Sophie gave him a playful glare, despite the redness on her cheeks.

"I'm not even sure what heard, I know it was Fitz and Alden. They were talking about a girl somewhere, but not to tell her anything." She shrugged.

"Well that sounds important. Do you think the girl is you?"

Sophie pause. She hadn't thought of that. Were they talking about her? What were they even talking about?

"Okay that was just a theory, no need to be getting the cute little crease between your eyebrows."

"Do you think it has to with... my parents? I mean Fitz and Alden were trying to ask questions about them yesterday."

"We don't know anything for sure, so let's just drop it." But she couldn't. Did they know something about her parents she didn't?

"Seriously, I don't want you to be worried over something that might be nothing."

"But what if it is something and we just ignore it?"

"Well what can we even do? You can't ask then without them knowing you were eavesdropping and I doubt Alden has any information laying around about this if they were talking in a room at five in the morning."

Sophie huffed a breath of frustration. Then an idea came to her. "Well maybe not just laying around..."

Keefe's eyes widened at her. "Please don't tell me you want to go sneak into Aldens office to find something that you don't even know of."

"Come on! It could be important. What if it's about my parents?" Sophie eyes gave him her best pleading look.

"Promise me you won't go raid his office."

Sophie shoved her head back into her pillow. She couldn't promise him that. Especially since that's exactly what she planned on doing as soon as Alden was distracted.

"Sophie. Promise me." She could tell Keefe was glaring at her messy hair.

"I can't do that!"

"Why not?"

"Because that's exactly what I'm going to do!" Keefe gave her a frustrated sighed.

"Even if you do raid his office, you don't know where it is, you don't know what you're looking for, and not to mention, it's incredibly rude and disrespectful!" Sophie still kept her head in the pillow.

"Sophie." That's twice he's said her name to her. Sophie noticed he uses her real name when he gets serious.

A hand suddenly lifted her head off the pillow by her jaw. "Please don't do this."

He lost his blanket. Their faces were so close Sophie could see the light outline of freckles across his cheeks. Her breath caught as his nose brushed hers.

"Okay." She whispered.

She could have sworn she saw his eyes glance down at her lips. "Okay." He whispered faintly back. They stayed like that for another second before Keefe went closer.

At first, Sophie thought he was going to kiss her, but he tucked his head in her neck and wrapped an arm around her.

"Thank you."

Sophie softly ran her fingers though his hair, slightly disappointed.

Keefe made a small noise, Sophie thought she imagined it and ignored it. She switched to laying on her side and Keefe ran his finger down her back, making her shiver slightly.

They stayed like that for awhile, until Sophie's hand got tired and someone knocked on her door, startling both of them.

Sophie got up and opened her door, revealing a dressed Biana. "Uh just wanted to tell you that breakfast is ready, I wasn't sure if you were awake. Also, have you seen Keefe we can't find him-" Biana stopped talking when she saw Keefe sit up in Sophie bed.

"Oh, sorry for interrupting." Biana gave her a wink before skipping down the hall leaving a blushing Sophie and a smirking Keefe.

"That's not-!" Sophie tried to yell but Biana was already making her way down the stairs.

Keefe came up behind her. She glanced at his ridiculous batman pajamas and messy hair. She ran over to her closet and threw on some black leggings and a big, purple sweatshirt.

"Come on, time for breakfast." She grumbled, taking his hand and leading him downstairs. She made sure to let go before anyone could see.

Sophie could already smell something delicious. When she walked in to get her meal, oatmeal with all kinds of toppings and biscuits were set out along with the usual fruit.

Grabbing some in a bowl and two biscuits Sophie went and sat in an empty seat, Keefe sitting next to her.

Alden cleared his throat, getting everyone last attention. "Three more days until we leave. I have decided this trip is going to be a little... different. I want to explore some places we haven't been before. Seeing as Sophie is alive and we didn't find her, I want to check around her area, to make sure no ones around over there. Unfortunately, this means we need more people. Keefe? You'll be going with us, along with you Biana."

Word count- 1433

posted- 4/3/21

Longer chapter today! Happy Easter loves!