Chapter Ten

"I WIN!" Keefe jumped up from his spot on the couch.

"Ughhhh." Sophie was sprawled out on the carpet. She gave up on playing "Monopoly Empire"after Keefe won seven time while she was in jail the whole time.

"Come on Foster one more game! You've won all the other one this is the only one I'm good at!"

"No. I refuse to ever play that game with you again." Sophie sighed. They were down there so long Alden had to find them for lunch. That was an hour ago.

Other then Keefe and Sophie destroying everyone in board and card games, they had gotten to know each other a little. Sophie preferred if they didn't know much about her so she steered the conversation away from her when they asked her stuff. It was really easy, especially since one thing she found out about the Vacker siblings is that they love to talk about themselves.

"Maybe we should stop on the games, my ego can't take this anymore." Biana said.

"I agree." Fitz stood up and stretched his legs. "So what do you guys want to do?"

"Oh! We can play this new game it's called, Make Foster Blush, watch this." Keefe smirked as he turned over to face Sophie."Aww look how cute you are!" Sophie's face looked like a tomato. She flipped over on her stomach and buried her head in her arms.

"I win!" Biana looked like she was trying not to laugh while Fitz looked... Sophie didn't know, but it was exactly happy.

Sophie reaches up towards the couch Keefe was sitting on and slapped the top of his head. "Shut up."

"I going to go upstairs, I'm getting a little tired." Biana yawned dramatically. "Fitz would you mind taking me to my room?"

"It's the middle of the afternoon? How are you tired-" Fitz was cut off by Biana dragging him out of the room.

Sophie started at them in confusion as they left. "So what do you want to do now?"

Keefe shrugged. "Up to you. We do need to do those exercises again soon though."

"Noooooo not the exercises! Anything but that!" Sophie scolded herself again. How did she forget about those stupid exercises so easily.

"Well we could do that or we could talk about how you dodged all of Biana and Fitzs questions about you."

So he caught on to that. "Uhhhhhh I'll take the exercises." Sophie tried to stand up and walk away but Keefe also stood up and grabbed her arm.

"Uh uh. Talk." Keefe sat her down on a couch and sat himself across from it.

"It's nothing! I just... wanted to get to know them." Keefe stared at her blankly.

"Come on! You didn't talk much either!" Sophie whined.

"They already know everything about me!" Keefe said rolling his eyes. "Here, how about we play a question game, question for a question, deal?"

Sophie sighed. Keefe just wanted to get to know her, that wasn't so bad. "Fine."

"Great! I'll go first! What's your favorite color?"

Sophie thought. What was her favorite color? She liked red, but that was also the color of blood...no don't focus on that. "I like green I guess. Never really thought about it. What's yours?"

"Brown." Brown? Who likes brown? Sophie never liked brown very much. Her eyes were brown. She always wanted them to be green, like her mom and sister.

"Back to me. Did you play any sports? Before... all of this, I mean."

"No. I always sucked at playing them in P.E so I never tried out for anything. Did you play any sports?"

"Are you just going to ask me the same questions I'm asking you?"

"Yeah. Now answer the question." Keefe sighed and laid down on his back.

"I used to play football a bit with Fitz, just for fun. Why don't you like talking to us?"

Sophie was taken aback for a second. "I don't- don't try denying it's just tell me the truth." Keefe look at her. Sophie looked down. "I do like like talking to you guys, just not about certain things."

Keefe narrowed his eyes but before he could interject Sophie asked her question. "Does it annoy you? Having to take care of me all the time?"

Keefe looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"You know, my exercises, icing my foot and hand, you helped me when I threw up." Sophie played with the end of her sweatshirt sleeve as she talked.

"Of course not. Why did you think that annoys me?" Sophie looked down at her sleeve."Hey, I'm not annoyed at you. Your hurt and sick and need help. There's nothing wrong with that." Sophie still looked down. Why did she ask that? There was a silence before she heard Keefe sit up.

"Sophie." Ugh. She didn't like it when he called her that. But at the same time she loved it. She looked up.

"There is nothing wrong with needing help. I'm happy to help. You shouldn't feel bad because you need it, okay?" Keefe watched her carefully then smiled sadly and got up.

What is he-arms wrapped around her, cutting off her thought. Sophie froze. Her stomach fluttered as she wrapped her arms around him too. Keefe stroked her hair softly with on hand, the other was loosely around her waist. Sophie burrowed her head into his neck.

They stayed like that for awhile. "Foster?"

"Hmm?" Sophie sleepily responded, her head still comfortably at his neck.

"Do you want to go to sleep? You didn't sleep much last night." Keefe was whispering now.

Sophie nodded her head, barely awake as he laid her down on the couch. "I'll clean up, try to sleep."

"Wait. Stay." Sophie mumbled, patting beside her.

Keefe hesitated before crawling on the couch behind her and hugging her from behind. Sophie curled up and smiled.

"Is this okay?" Keefe whispered in her ear.

"Yeah." Sophie slowly fell asleep curled up against him.

Posted- 2/21/21

Word count- 952

Hey loves! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile but school has me really busy and I'm going back in person for the first time next week so I don't know if I'll be able to update as often but I will definitely will try my best! I hope you guys enjoyed the Sokeefe fluff!