Age 8 First Transition

Dear Diary,

Dear Diary,

Tonight is gonna be my first time turning. I'm scared. Dad says that it hurts a lot. I have to break every bone in my body. Mom and him took Hope to New Orleans so she could have her first transition with them out in the  bayou. Hope tried to convince them to let me come, but apparently OUR first transition has nothing to do with me and my comfort. Alaric, Marcel, Davina, and Kol agreed to sit with me. I have to go, it's almost time.

Love, Olivia

"I'm scared," I tell aunt Davina as we wait in the forest for the transition to start.

"I know sweetheart, it'll be over before you know it," she says petting me on the head.

"Here, drink this, it'll help," Alaric says handing me a yellow drink.

I take a quick sip of it before immediately spitting it out. It immediately starts to burn my throat and lips. I whine in pain but quickly compose myself.

Suddenly my ankle snaps and I fall to the ground. The other snaps, then my right leg, then my left leg, and then my back. I sob on the ground, I just want it to stop.

Marcel sits down and places my head in his lap. "It'll be ok little sister," he says gently rubbing my back.

My bones continue to snap and morph back together. Kol holds my hand, and Davina uses her magic to try and dull the pain but it doesn't do anything.

I growl and snap my jaws and they all jump back. I cry one last time before my cries are replaced by whimpers. I shakily stand up to my full wolf height.

They all back away from me and I can tell Kol is ready to grab Davina and run

I lay down on the ground and roll over. I bark as I sit down and my tongue flops out.

They all start laughing at me before reaching over and petting my head.

I bark and Kol laughs some more. "You want to run don't you?" He asks and shake my head barking.

I motion for Davina and Alaric to get on my back. They are hesitant at first but eventually climb on.

I immediately start to run as fast as I can. I can hear Davina and Alaric yell in surprise which makes me bark in laughter.

I look to my left to see uncle Kol running with me, and I look to my right to see Marcel running with me.

I speed up and bark loudly. They laugh and continue to run.

That's how my transition went. We played cat and mouse all night long until I eventually turned back.

Afterwards they took me to a diner to get my strength up, Alaric called Caroline and she brought the twins.

"How was it?"

"Was it painful?"

"What did you do?"

"What color are you?"

"One at a time girls," I laugh. The adults got a table for themselves and let us all talk about what happened last night.

"We just wanna know how what it was like," Josie giggles

"It was amazing! I've never felt so free in my life! For once I wasn't worrying about chores or school, I was just free. It felt like I could go anywhere or be whoever I wanted to be," I tell them.

"What color was your first?" Lizzie asks before taking a sip of her strawberry milkshake.

"Midnight black, like the color of charcoal," I tell them.

"What did you do?" Josie asks sipping on her vanilla milkshake.

"I just ran. I played tag with Kol and Marcel. I let Alaric and Davina ride on my back, it was like my family was complete," I smile twirling the straw in my chocolate milkshake.

"Hey!" Hope runs up to our table. She sits down beside me wrapping her arms around me. "How was your transition? What color were you?" She asks excitedly.

"It was amazing after I turned! I'm charcoal black, what about you?" I ask excitedly.

"It was amazing I've never felt so happy! I'm as white as snow," she giggles. "Maybe next time we can go running together," Hope says grabbing my hand.

"Olivia!" Rebekah shouts walking up. "Why don't you go home and do your chores so Hope can talk with her friends now," Rebekah says placing a hand on my shoulder.

"They're my friends to Aunt Bekah," I tell her.

"You shouldn't talk back," Elijah growls grabbing me by the back of the neck and pulling me out of the seat.

"Let her go!" Lizzie and Josie shout getting ready to blast him away from me as they held on to Hope so they could siphon her.

"No, no, it's ok, he's right I shouldn't talk back. It's my fault, I'll go home," I sigh. Elijah let's me go and I quickly grab my bag and rush out of the diner.

It's my fault. It's all my fault.