18

Where have you been?

Do you know when you're coming back?

'Cause since you've been gone

I've got along but I've been sad

3 Months Later

I woke up to the voice of Tina coming from downstairs. By their volume, I understood that she was arguing with Mrs. Rosier. I shifted from the bed to use the bathroom.

Some days, I missed being at Hogwarts, in our dorm room. But the good part was my nightmares stopped.

Well particularly.

It wasn't as bad as the nightmares I always had about my mother. I mean the nightmares that I kept seeing. It was more like visions that didn't make any sense. I didn't tell Mr. and Mrs. Rosier anything about it. Only Tina knew.

It felt good being at home. On the other side, a lot has happened since the Ball night.

Voldemort was seen at the Ministry of Magic and finally, the minister couldn't deny that he returned. Sirius Black was murdered that night. A bunch of Death Eaters were spotted as well.

We never talked about it with Mr. and Mrs. Rosier but I knew they were there. Luckily they managed to escape, unlike Draco's father.

Lucius Malfoy.

He and his comrades were sent to Azkaban after the prophecy was destroyed. I knew Draco wasn't doing well during the last few weeks.

I wrote many letters to Lorenzo since then but he never wrote back. I haven't heard from him since June. I couldn't just apparate to Malfoy Manor and ask why he wasn't writing back. So I just needed to wait until the school year started which wasn't far away.

My thoughts flew away when Tina knocked on the bathroom door. "Come on Lyra. What is taking you so long? I need you" She complained as I opened the door.

"What, Tina? I was just using the bathroom. What's wrong with you this morning?" I asked as we walked down the stairs.

"What's wrong? This is wrong" She pointed to Mrs. Rosier. We sat down at the table to have breakfast as she continued, "She doesn't allow us to go to Diagon Alley like we have been talking about who knows since when."

"Since when have I said yes?" Mrs. Rosier mocked her.

"Merlin, what is wrong with you. It's just Diagon fucking Alley. It's not like we are apparating to Knockturn Alley."

"Hey, watch your language young lady." Mr. Rosier pointed out.

"Father, do you really think my use of language is the problem right now. Can someone please explain why we can't go to the Diagon Alley?" Tina frustratedly asked again.