Part 2

Adrien and Marinette still go to the same highschool together. They are both seniors. Marinette, Alya and Nino are all good friends, but Adrien has drifted off during the years. His crush for Ladybug has not changed.

Marinette's POV

I hadn't talked to Adrien in months. After he started modeling more seriously, he was gone most days and could barely hang out with his friends.

After grade 10, Adrien started hanging out with us less because he made new friends with the "cooler" people at school. Since then, Adrien has also drifted away from Nino. Their inseparable best friend bond has turned into an occasional wave in the hallway.

His modeling career really grew and he's done a lot of magazine covers.

Even though we don't talk often, I still can't help but like him. More than a friend. When we speak he is always so sweet and I look forward to those rare moments.

Chat Noir, still bowing and extending a hand to me, looks up and I stare into those forest green eyes. Suddenly so similar to Adrien's. I see their resemblances now.

I place my hand in his and he stands and pulls me close. The blonde wraps one hand around my waist and the other around his metal staff.

"We'll talk later," he whispers in my ear before extending his staff and taking us flying into the chaos.

Chat Noir takes me to the roof of the school where we can see Paris and its dreadful situation. All around, people are screaming and crying. They seem to be stuck inside glass cubes, trapping them.

Chat Noir looks at me and seems to think the same thing. The citizens of Paris are trapped. Looking back at the school, I see most of the students stuck in the same glass cubes, shouting for help.

The akumatised villain hovers in the far corner near a group of students. The glass cubes seem to be appearing from his neck.

"His neck," says Chat from beside me, as if reading my thoughts, "there must be something there."

I nod in agreement and use my yo-yo to swing to the other side of the building. Chatnoir follows closely.

From this angle, we can see the shining glow of metal on the neck of the akumatized person.

"Hey over here!" I shout waving my arms and trying to get the victims attention away from the students.

Chat turns to me at the same time as the villain.

"Are you crazy?"

"The akuma is around his neck. Trust me."

He nods, "Always M'lady."

Standing from my crouched position, I face the villain who is looking at us with a look of glee. I can almost hear Hawk Moth telling the villain to grab our miraculous.

"Lucky Charm!" I shout, leaping into the air.

(Lucky Charm sequence)

A small trampoline comes flying down in front of me and chat.

"How is this gonna help?" asks Chat.

"Hold on," I respond scanning the area for clues.

The akumatised victim is now speeding towards us. I suddenly have an idea.

"Chat you stay there."

Leaving the trampoline, I run to the side of the roof perpendicular to where Chat is. The villain speeds towards Chat, oblivious of my plan.

As the villain nears the blonde I throw my yo-yo, hooking onto a beam in the distance. As I pull, I position my body to land on the trampoline. My yo-yo pulls me towards the trampoline in a semi-circle above open air.

My muscles tense as the yo-yo pulls me forward. I hold on, even though everything inside me screams to let go.

As I pass Chat, he is not staring at the speeding akumatized victim coming toward him, but at me. We lock eyes and it's as if time stops. I see him now, the nice boy Adrien Agreste and the daring alter ego Chat Noir. His blonde hair pools around his black cat ears, moving slighly in the wind.

Our eye contact breaks as I reach the trampoline.

I bend my knees at the contact and bounce up. Hoping my timing had been right, I extend my hands. At that moment, the villain soars above, about to trap Chat. Before he can, I reach out and snap the akumatised collar from his neck.

The villain starts to fall, changing back to his normal self as he drops. Chat noir extends his staff and leaps to catch him, setting him down on the ground.

Returning to the roof, I stomp on the collar and a small white butterfly flies away, "Goodbye little butterfly".

I take the little trampoline in my hands and toss it in the air, shouting: "Miraculous Ladybug!"

Paris goes back to normal, the citizen's are free.

I hear a too familiar beeping coming from my ear.

Looking down from the roof, I see Chat noir looking up at me, his staff gripped tightly in his right hand.

"Chat I have to go, I'm going to change back."

The blonde extends his stick and lands not far from me.

"We don't have to hide anymore Mari," he says barely over a whisper, taking a step closer.

I look at him. His blonde hair sways gently in the evening breeze. He looks at me with those piercing green eyes.

"Or should I say M'lady?" A grin creeps up Chats face.

"Chat we can't know each others identities."

"But we know now. Why should we hide if we know now. It's me and you Marinette."

Adrien Agreste. My crush for so many years, the same person as Chat noir. I turn to face Paris as the sun starts to set.

"Master Fu.." I start.

"He dosen't have to know," Adrien responds laying a hand on my arm.

"No, Adrien it's too dangerous," the beeping comes from both of us now, warning us of our remaining time. I start to walk away preparing to leap, "we must pretend we don't know, for our safety."

"M'lady," I turn to look at him and he seems to be holding in tears, "I will not give up."

With that I throw my yo-yo into the night, leaving Chat noir.