𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟔.

Start from the beginning

My War Hammer Titan materialized and I immediately went for the centipede, Annie's Female Titan and Pieck's Cart Titan helping me out, but what could we do?

Pieck... Annie... Reiner... What must we do... to receive our award?

Mikasa's POV

My head hurt like crazy now. It was driving me crazy.

"ARGH!!"

"Mikasa?! Stay with me here!! We're the only ones left who can kill Eren!!" Levi told me.

I remembered Eren sleeping by the tree peacefully when we were little.

I can't... take anymore...

Captain Levi continued talking to me and telling me things but I couldn't hear him.

I want to go back... I just want to go back... to our home...

"Mikasa. Wake up. You'll catch a cold like this."

I opened my eyes to be met with Eren.

"Eren? Did I... fall asleep?" I asked, taking in my surroundings. We were out in the middle of nowhere, staying at a cabin.

"You must be so tired..." Eren said, putting down wood he had collected.

"I feel like... I had the longest dream," I yawned.

"Let's take it easy for the rest of the day. I managed to catch a big fish for us after all. But Mikasa... Why... are you crying?"

"Huh?" I noticed tears falling down my face and quickly wiped them. "I don't know... but I... started asking myself if it's alright for me to be here."

Eren looked at me then at the ground. "There's nothing we can do about it now. Remember? We abandoned everything. And escaped to live out here like this. It's been 2 months since the Marleyan War ended... and the war to invade Paradis will begin soon. Running away is the only way for us to survive... I bet Armin's looking all over for us right now. I... couldn't send Historia to hell and continue that endless slaughter. And I couldn't commit genocide to the whole world... So I just want to live my remaining 4 years in peace and quiet... just the 2 of us... Wasn't that... what you suggested, Mikasa?"

"Yes." I stood up and hugged him. "I'm sorry. I promised I wouldn't bring this up."

"Make me one more promise. When I'm dead, throw this scarf away. You have a long life left. Forget about me. And be free... Please Mikasa. Forget about me..."

I snapped back to reality as I saw Eren harden his fist and punch Armin.

"I'm sorry."

I watched Titans attack Pieck, Reiner, Annie, and y/n below.

I took out my scarf and wrapped it around me.

"I can't." I pulled out my swords and got ready. "Eren is located in the mouth. I'll do it. Just back me up."

"Understood Mikasa," Levi said.