Why hadn't she caught on yet? It was clearly a date, which would be wrong because she was dating Cal.

She said something about remembering her favorite dessert, and I realized then and there what was happening.

She knew it was a date.

"Our itinerary is pretty straightforward for tonight. A picnic, maybe a bit of stargazing, and of course—" Tobi pulled out his phone and started playing soft, calming music. "—music. How about a dance?"

Awe.

I glanced over at Josh, who was leaning back on his hands as he watched them.

"You know better than anyone that I can't dance for my life."

"Hey, me neither," He chuckled. "But who's around to care? You know I don't."

"You're lucky you're cute. And persuasive. But don't yell at me when I break your leg by accident."

"It's a slow dance, Cassie," He said softly. It was barely audible, but I narrowed my eyes when he said that. He didn't even call her by her name.

"Yeah, and I'm really bad at dancing," She stood to her feet, ignoring the fact that he'd called her Cassie instead of Casey and wrapping her arms around his neck. He put his hands on her hips and they swayed to the music, making my heart melt.

"Awe," I put a hand on my chest and smiled, but Josh nudged me.

"She's cheating, Frey," He said quietly.

"Not cheating," I defended her. Sure, she called him cute, but friends did that all the time. "They're just two friends dancing, it's not a big deal."

"See? That's all this is," Tobi spoke to her and further proved my point. "Just a friendly dance."

My heart dropped as Casey responded to him, though. "And a friendly kiss?"

I watched as Tobi nodded and leaned down to kiss her. They stopped dancing as their lips met, but Tobi chuckled and pulled away.

"Nervous, are we?"

She looked down at her feet. "It's not everyday a friend does something like this."

Why do they keep saying that? They both obviously knew that they weren't doing this as friends, so why were they acting like they were? Was it a way to cope with their guilt?

"It gets better," Tobi blew out the candles on the table, and it took my eyes a minute to adjust.

"We should stop them," Josh murmured. He had been supportive of his friend, and even teased Tobi about how he liked Casey. But once Cal started dating her, Josh agreed that Tobi should step away.

"Shh," I scooted closer to him, secretly touched at how cute their little date was. As much as I was against the idea of Casey cheating on Cal, I knew that Cal could never think of something like this.

"Wow," Casey stared up at the stars with the biggest smile on her face.

He twirled her slowly as he smirked. "Maybe Cal was right. Maybe you do like the stars."

"Who doesn't?"

He dipped her and held her in that position. The next thing he said made me sigh.

"I hope you know that you're drop-dead gorgeous right now."

"And I hope you know that if you don't kiss me right now I'll be very disappointed."

Josh took my hand in his. "Freya, we really should stop them."

I squeezed his hand. "Tobi's a good guy. He won't let it go far."