"I don't want to see another bowl of this for at least ten years" atsushi said as he patted his belly which ticked off kunikida.

"Why, you..." kunikida started as he looked at the tower of bowls "How dare you be so shameless after eating on my dime?"

"You're a real lifesaver" atsushi spoke looking down at the table catching kunikida, dazai and eritys attention "After leaving the orphanage and coming to yokohama, i've had nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep, i thought i'd die of starvation"

"You're from an orphanage?" dazai questioned.

"Putting it one way, yes. but they kicked me out" he answered not looking up from the table. erity watched him with her dull eyes before she leaned her head into her hands and looked down at the table too.

why would an orphanage kick out a kid, for what reason?

"that's some non-profit there" dazai said.

"Hey, dazai!" kunikida turned to him "Where not some philanthropists going around helping brats down on their luck, okay? let's get back at the job at hand" kunikida explained as he raised his notebook up.

"That reminds me, you said earlier that your current job involves the military" atsushi spoke up snapping erity out of her thoughts and making her glance up.

"What is your line of work, exactly?" he asked making erity wonder about it to.

"Oh, we're just private investigators" dazai answered

"Private investigators..." erity spoke softly feeling as if their was more to it, catching kunikida and atsushi off guard. kunikida because he hadn't heard him talk before and was surprised by how monotonously it sounded and atsushi because he wasn't used to it yet.

"That's not to say we only handle lost pets and alleged extramarital affairs" kunikida started to explain after he recomposed himself "perhaps you've heard of the armed detective agency, an organization with individuals possessing supernatural powers"

eritys eyes unoticingly widened in recognition, she'd heard of them before and it seems she wasn't the only one by atsushi reaction.

"What?" atsushi questioned, taken aback.

the armed detective agency, said to be an agency specializing in objectives that can be entrusted to the likes of the police or the military, i've heard many from the agency posses supernatural powers...but does that apply to these two, i wonder...

it didn't take long for erity to lose interest in the matter and trow it to the side, knowing she'll probably figure it out later, with that she started too look around the tea house and lean back on her chair making her look at the ceiling and spot a beam right behind her making her eyes widen brightly.

That beam, it looks sturdy

"Check out that nice beam up there" dazai spoke up excitingly with a fascinated look in his eyes.

"I know right, it looks like it can hold quiet some weight" erity said her voice still monotonous but a bit louder than normal as she said back up but kept her head turned to the beam.

"Don't analyze whether you can hang yourself in a random teahouse we just stumbled into!" kunikida scolded dazai before looking up at erity.