Letter # 1

Dear Garret,

Today is my sweet 16 birthday. You came to my party last weekend. I had a lot of fun. I enjoyed seeing you. I really did. Something about seeing you is nicer than us just texting. I think it's the sound of your voice. Maybe it's how easy it is to talk to you. Maybe it's the way you make me laugh. Maybe it's the wya you're able to put a smile on my face without even trying. It makes my heart race.

I can't help it. I can't help what I feel. This isn't a normal thing. No one else has the ability to do this to me. It's you. You and only you. You have a large part of my heart in your hand. I'm not sorry to say it. I have nothing to be sorry about. You're a wonderful person. You're a great friend. You're easily one of the only people I can see myself being friends with for a long time.

Friends. What a basic word. A basic word that's ripping me to shreds. I know we've talked about us. We've had lengthy conversations about how I feel about you. I'm not ashamed that I like you. I have no problem with people knowing. Friends. Best friends. That's how I talk about you to my friends. I do want us to be more than that though. I really do. I know where you stand. I will wait. I will wait for you, Garret. I promies I will.

Your friend,

Hayley